Human Resources Officer - NOB
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
All applications should be received no later than 15 May 2021.
CONTRACT TYPE AND DURATION
This position is open to Syrian or Syrian/Palestinian nationals only/ Holding full citizenship - Syrian passport
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract (NO-B)
Duration: 12 months
Duty Station: Damascus
Number of required employees: 1
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and
children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In Syria, WFP provides food assistance to more than 4.6 million people each month. This includes families who require emergency assistance when affected by conflict and displacement and also those who need help to improve their nutrition and food security. WFP supports children across Syria with healthy meals and snacks at
school, mothers with nutritious diets, and families and communities with sustainable livelihood projects.
The Human Resources officer (HRO) will work in the Human Resources Unit and in collaboration with the other units and field offices in the Country Office. Will work with minimal supervision, and provide guidance to junior staff to ensure that operational and project objectives are achieved. S/he will be heavily involved in day–to-day activities and analytical work.Analyze human resources procedures, evaluate impact of other managerial decision in the supervision and execution of HR operations team: appointments, management of staff benefits and entitlements, interpret and apply human resources policies, rules and regulations.
Expected delivering of professional and efficient partnership offering tailoring made solutions to business partners maximising the effectiveness of HR services - cognisant of financial , reputational and legal risks of delegated area of responsibility.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority, the HRO officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Support an effective management of the employment conditions of national contracts and effective relations with hiring managers, understanding their needs and operational constrains. Analyze , evaluate and take action on requests from managers and staff, providing advise, while taking into account the needs, policies and practices.
- Supervise the HR operation team, ensuring correct and sound application with the administration of staff entitlements, allowances, benefits and incentives, payrolls, insurance and social security. Verify and endorse medical documents, education credentials offer letters, contracts/contract renewals, review and clear payrolls and other allowances. Review and clear absences and variour type of leave requests. Conduct regular oversight in the awarding of contracts, staff files, statistics, payroll, entitlements , benefits and procedures
- Plan, guide, supervise and coordinate work activities of the unit and review work flow and process. Assist the supervisor with the preparation of yearly work plan and subsequent phases
- Contribute effectively and work closely with the team and supporting staff under supervision with an effective performance management. Assess area of development with the Head of the unit and possibility of further exposure to projects and other activities to enhance skills and opportunity for development for staff in the unit contributing to building, managing and retaining talent within WFP. Contribute to fostering a self-development culture.
- Conversant with concepts , analysis and implementation of HR policies and procedures identify needs for review of practices and initiate or propose action as required. Assess and analyse gaps in the application of HR directives and circulars or internal procedures and deliver information session to managers and employees .
- Support the onboarding process of new comers ensuring new employees on different contractual status, have a positive experience of WFP, and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organisation.
- Plan and implement human resources initiatives, present HR new policies and systems to Managers and employees. Undertake regular field visits in order to keep abreast employees and managers in all locations
- Collaborate with UN interagency group to ensure consistency of application with the administration of local staff. Act as an alternate to the HoU at HR interagency working group and other HR related meetings as required
- Identify business opportunities and propose business cases for automation for improved and efficient services – Produce statistics and analytics.
- Any other duties in line with expertise and job function.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
Experience: Three years post graduate relevant professional experience with Master’s Degree, or five years post graduate relevant professional experience with a first University Degree.
Language: Fluency (level C) in oral and written communication in Arabic and in English.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
Knowledge: Training and/or experience utilising computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other standard WFP software packages and systems. General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing human resources administration.
Skills: Should be able to produce well organised reports and records independently. Should be able to handle a large volume of work quickly and accurately under time constraints and pressure. Should have sound judgement and initiative; be able to extract, interpret, analyse and format data and to resolve operational problems. Ability to supervise and train support staff. Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with staff members and others of different national and cultural backgrounds and to have a high sense of confidentiality. Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft software applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
How to apply:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please upload your professional CV in English in PDF format making sure to include the following in terms of “Experience”:
- Company/Organization name and scope of work of the organization
- Exact Position Title
- Contract type: part-time, full-time, volunteer, consultant, or freelancer
- Start and End date of Employment for each position: From (dd/mm/yyyy) to (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Responsibilities: To mention the main responsibilities that highlight your gained skills and experience
- A proof of your experience will be required in the final stage of recruitment.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the next stage of the selection process.
Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once application is submitted.
HOW TO APPLY?
If any of the below links do not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar:
Internal candidates: https://performancemanager5.successfactors.eu/sf/jobreq?jobId=141872&company=C0000168410P
External candidates: https://job-listing.wfp.org/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=141872&company=C0000168410P
Apply to Job