Human Resources Associate
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
BACKGROUND INFORMATION - IPAS
Based in Copenhagen, Denmark, the UNOPS Integrated Practice Advice and Support (IPAS) serves all the regions and headquarters, primarily with advice and solutions to everyday implementation challenges. IPAS consists of a diverse team of subject matter experts in the six practice areas of HR, Administration, Legal, Finance, Procurement, Project Management and Infrastructure. IPAS has three main roles:
Support to operations in the field offices: IPAS provides timely advice and supports actively finding of solutions to everyday implementation challenges, based on policy and best practices. It also provides operational support in specific areas.
Business efficiency: IPAS recommends changes to policies, processes and operating standards based on the feedback and experience of the field offices. IPAS also ensures transparent and efficient project implementation, in line with policy and business needs.
Body of knowledge: IPAS contributes to research and coordination within the policy groups and project practitioners. It provides structured knowledge and subject matter expertise which is used across practice areas to provide coherent and tailored advice to the requesting offices.
Reporting to the HR Business Partner in the IPAS HR Team, the Human Resources Associate is responsible for providing support in the area of recruitment & business advisory services, transactional/strategic work and project management; he/she is often given the sole responsibility to run projects where there is only very minimal supervision. The HR Associate serves as the first contact for internal and external clients in resolving questions on processes and procedures and provision of guidance and information related to HR initiatives to a wide range of UNOPS clients.
The HR Associate works in close collaboration with the Programme, Project and Operations staff at Headquarters as well as in the Regional Offices/Operational Hubs/Project Centres to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
We are looking for candidates from all around the world who are passionate about HR and data analytics and able to relocate to Copenhagen (Denmark) to join our team.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of HR strategies and procedures
- Recruitment and talent management
- Administrative support
- Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Management of a portfolio of clients, ensuring implementation of HR strategies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensures full compliance of HR processes and records with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Contributes to the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management in consultation with the direct supervisor and IPAS HR Team Lead.
- Provides information to the management and personnel on strategies, HR rules and regulations.
- Improves the customer´s journey by leveraging data and previous learnings.
- Focuses on the stakeholder´s experience as an engagement strategy.
2. Provides support to recruitment and talent management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full management of a portfolio of clients, including initiation, processing, monitoring, review and follow-up on actions related to the administration of human resource activities, e.g., recruitment, placement, relocation, promotion, performance appraisal, job classification reviews, review of submissions to review bodies, etc., ensuring consistency in the application of regulations and procedures.
- Assistance in the identification and proposal of the mechanisms to attract suitable candidates, active support with sourcing and outreach activities.
- Administrative and logistical support to general recruitment processes
- Provision of advice as HR member on selection panels.
3. Ensures efficient administrative support to IPAS HR Team and UNOPS personnel, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Liaison between unit and internal/ external clients to expedite completion of projects, disseminate information, etc
- Research of precedents and analysis of merits of specific requests; presentation of recommendations, taking into account institutionalized exceptions, and submission of recommendation for the approval of departure from established policies, procedures and guidelines
- Support to Human Resources Specialists on management, implementation, monitoring of various HR initiatives.
- Advice and guidance to personnel with respect to administrative procedures, processes and practices
- Proactive coordination of the flow of work,
- Advice to the supervisor on the status of pending requests and work deadlines and provision of proactive customer service to internal and external clients.
- Set-up and maintenance of databases, requiring the organization and preparation of reports and documents through integration of several data sources, technology and software applications
4. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing and contribution to product/process efficiency, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Contributes to knowledge management projects
- Guidance/training to less experienced personnel
- Contribute to HR knowledge networks and communities of practice by providing collaborative synthesis of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in human resources management.
- Provides mentoring/assistance to less experienced colleagues in the team and the field.
- Provide suggestions for the enhancements of practice policy developments;
- Support process efficiency initiatives;
- Provide input to the development and maintenance of corporate systems and tools.
- Secondary Education is required.
- A University Degree preferably in HR, Business Administration, Psychology, Communications or related field would be desirable, and may substitute for years of experience, but it is not a requirement.
- With secondary education, 6 years of progressively responsible HR, operations and/or experience sourcing is required in an international environment.
- Data & Analytics skills are required.
- Experience with the usage of Google suite is highly desired.
- Perfect command of both written and spoken English is a strict requirement.
- Knowledge of another UN language such as French or Spanish would be an asset.
CONTRACT TYPE, LEVEL, AND DURATION
Contract type: Local Individual Contract Agreement (LICA)
Contract level: LICA 6
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
How to apply:
Apply to Job