Chief of Party - Global Fund Project Malawi
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
***Only national applicants from Malawi are considered.**
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 34,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As Chief of Party - Global Fund Project Malawi, you will provide oversight and technical leadership, administration, fiscal management, and grant and contract administration and management, assuring quality, impact and cost effectiveness of the Program. You will serve as the principal institutional liaison to the donor and local government entities. You will ensure an integrated vision among different components and implementing partners, and a focus on achieving the results as defined in the grant contract with the donor and promote an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect. You will have an overall responsibility of managing all staff of the Global Fund Unit (PRMU). You will work collaboratively with Ministry of Health (MoH) of the Government of Malawi, the Country Coordinating Mechanism (CCM) , The Global Fund Country team and all other stakeholders.
- Minimum of 8 years’experience in international development, with a focus on public health and infectious diseases program management or in the administration of complex public health projects in LMIC context.
- Experience leading Global Fund.
- Extensive experience in leading and managing of large (budgeted at $US10M or more) healthprojects,especiallyHIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malariaandotherpublichealthprograms,anddealingwithinternationalpartners the Global Fund, USAID, DFID, EU or other bilateral-funded projects.
- In-depth knowledge of matters related to HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria transmission, prevention, treatment and care and strategies to reach the Key Populations and toinfluence policies and decisions.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree or higher in PublicHealth is required (Master’s degree in Business Administration is preferred).
- Fluency in English Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Willingness and ability to travel 30% locally and internationally is required.
How to apply:
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 21 MAY 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.
Apply to Job