CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and fight with CARE.
CARE USA is seeking a Chief Information Officer (CIO) to bring vision, leadership, and innovation to its technology systems and capabilities. The CIO leads the Digital Technology department in the strategy, planning, implementation, and integration of all information systems, and manages key relationships with business partners and internal stakeholders. The CIO balances the need for strategic leadership with the execution and ongoing delivery of focused IT services. This critical role reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is a key member of the Executive and Global Management teams. This executive must be able to forge collaborative relationships with the leadership team as well as with the programmatic and operational leadership of the organization, to create the technology and digital strategy that best enables CARE USA’s vision and mission. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, this role will be ideally based in Atlanta, GA but exceptions may be made for candidates that would prefer to be based in other locations CARE USA operates in.
The Chief Information Officer will be responsible for leading a team of 40 FTE’s and managing a $12-15 million budget.
- Strategy - responsible for establishing a clear IT vision and technology strategy to lay the groundwork for future innovation and growth.
- Operations - initiating and shepherding design and implementation of enterprise technology projects,; maintaining an integrated IT project plan; and consistently delivering on projects in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Leadership - leads, inspires and manages a team of approximately 40 employees, ensuring a culture that celebrates diversity and insists upon inclusion
- Financial leadership - develop and manage the IT Annual operating budget
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or relevant field
- Master Degree in relevant discipline desired
- Minimum of 15 years of experience including at least 10 years in senior management and/or executive roles
- Previous experience in a global leadership role, either as CIO/CTO or with clear accountability for the operations of information technology with significant P&L responsibility; strong track record of delivering results and creating a positive, high performing culture
- Have a proven record of accomplishment in working within an Executive Management Team to set priorities, uphold organizational values while retaining a corporate culture, and creating competitive difference
- Understanding of how to design and implement a modern IT environment while focusing on enhanced digital experience and outcomes
- Expertise in planning, budgeting, evaluation and implementation of company-wide IT initiatives and ability to estimate and recommend total cost of ownership
- Experience leading an organization through a complicated, multiyear digital technology transformation to create a seamless employee experience
- Strong technical background; has experience working at the intersection of new tech and legacy systems
- Leader who has achieved superior results in relation to systems selection/implementation, high level program and project management, and IT security
- Experience in leading an organization to deliver solution architecture designs, monitoring and governing their implementation and identifying continual improvement opportunities in alignment with human centered design principles
- Experience mapping business capabilities and processes to long-term technology solutions
- Deep expertise with product management and agile delivery practices and culture
- Be a collaborative, strategic thinker, who leads with honesty, transparency, and vision
- Demonstrates a continuous improvement and forward thinking mindset with a proven record of enterprise project oversight execution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking and presentations; advising and communicating with executive leaders, and ability to articulate technology impact to business customers at all levels
- Ability to build relationships and consult with senior business and IT leaders; listen, synthesize and build consensus; politically astute with superior judgment
- Ability to attract, retain, develop and motivate high quality professionals committed to CARE USA’s mission
- Must have unquestioned personal integrity, professionalism, a positive work ethic and an overall commitment to excellence
- Ability to function effectively as a change agent and problem solver
- Ability to balance financial/operational perspectives with an eye on social responsibility, strong collaborative culture and the organization’s priorities
- Complex problem-solving knowledge and skills, including conflict resolution and facilitation
- Action oriented and entrepreneurial self-starter who can work well independently and in teams
How to apply:
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at email@example.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Apply to Job