NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Open to Internal & External Candidates
Classification, Position Grade
General Staff, Grade G3
Duty Station **
Type of Appointment
One Year Fixed Term (OYFT)
Estimated Start Date
As Soon As Possible
11st May 2021
Resource Management Unit
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Organizational Context and Scope
Under the general supervision of Chief of Mission, Senior Resource Management Officer (SRMO) and the guidance of the Resource Management Officer (RMO) and direct supervision of the Senior Finance Assistant, the Administrative Assistant will be performing the following functions
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
· Organize and schedule meetings and appointments for Admin, HR and Finance units.
· Provide administrative support to conferences, workshop, retreats
· Maintain the office supplies inventory and do the reordering as the need arises.
· Maintain, update and archive hard and electronic files for easy access and retrieval, in line with departmental filing system.
· Assist in administrative, HR and Finance tasks as requested including coordination of documents for authorizations and signatures
· Assist the Finance unit staff in retrieving the physical financial vouchers and supporting documents during audit verification and when required.
· Backstop and cover the duties of the receptionist desk when required
· Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Education & Experience:
· University degree, or other relevant field supplemented by related courses will be advantage, with one year of relevant professional experience.
· Diploma/Secondary school, Certificate in related fields, with three years of relevant professional experience
· Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients**
· Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
· Learns about developments in available technology
Fluency in English and working knowledge of Arabic is advantage is required.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. In addition, a clearance from the local government (“Court Clearance”) needs to be provided by the applicant.
How to apply:
How to apply:
Interested external candidates are invited to submit their applications plus a cover letter via Akhtaboot website https://www.akhtaboot.com, by 11 May 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement and VN # 144981
Interested Internal candidates (active staff members and staff holding a daily contract) need to submit their application plus a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 May 2021, their updated IOM Personal History (PH) Form or E-recruit Internal Candidate profile generated from PRISM Portal indicating the vacancy number “**JOR/12/2021”** and position title** “Administration Assistant” as mentioned in the vacancy notice email Subject line. Any application without this information in the subject line will be excluded from the applications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the Akhtaboot website.
From 27 April – 11 May 2021.
Apply to Job