veterinary Support Staff / Syria - Azaz
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
VACANCY REFERANCE: VSS - 016
The position holder will directly report to the Project Assistant. The position will be based in Syria and responsible for implementation of livestock component of project
Duties and responsibility:
With support from veterinary Project Assistant, the veterinary Support Staff will:
· Ensure coordination with local council, local animal health department and other Humanitarian actors present in Azaz.
· Identify and finalize livestock component beneficiaries. Ensure strong community mobilization throughout the project life.
· Closely interact with various stakeholders (beneficiaries, other veterinary service providers, pharmacies, and vets) to ensure better animal husbandry, management and healthcare practices amongst beneficiaries.
· Ensure to uphold the technical standards of quality and accountability including the guidelines of Livestock Emergency Guidelines and Standards (LEGS), Core Humanitarian standards, and mainstreaming gender and protection.
· Inform beneficiaries on good practices for products like milk, cheese etc. Record and Report the production and report on the usage by family and sale.
· Assist in breeding of animal for improving production potential.
· Ensure the submission of weekly and monthly reports.
· Maintain a systematic filing system that would ensure safe keeping of distribution and warehouse records.
· Collect and analyze relevant technical, social, economic, environmental, institutional and technology related information, data and/or statistics to support the delivery of projects outcome, outputs and activities.
· provide the technically support to achieve a good health to livestock
Personal Specification (Experience / Education/Skills- Essential):
· First Degree in Bachelor of Veterinary Science (BVSc) or veterinary institute.
· Minimum 1 years of related experience.
· Great experience in work of mobile veterinary clinics
· Understanding – and ideally prior experience – of livelihoods concepts and programming.
· Good understanding of project cycle management, including developing implementation plans.
Arabic (written and spoken) is a must. English will be additional benefit.
· Very Good computer skills.
How to apply:
· If you are reliable, service minded, discreet, and dedicated and a highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and beliefs, please apply by completing the application form from the following link and you may send your CV to Syria.Mission@islamic-relief.com.tr before the closing date.
· Interested applicants that possess the personal specifications mentioned above may apply by completing the job application on the following link before 4th May2021 at 5:00 pm. You may send your CV to Syria.Mission@islamic-relief.com.tr before the closing date.
Please complete all the fields in the application link and submit it before the deadline, as any incomplete or late application will be refused as The CV alone in not acceptable
Submitting this application does not represent any responsibility on the organization of any kind, and the organization has the right to set standards as it deems appropriate for the job according to the information available about all applicants, and to select candidates who will attend a job interview from among the applicants in accordance with those standards.
If you have any query regarding the application, please send it to Syria.Mission@islamic-relief.com.tr
Apply to Job