Veterinary Project Assistant / Syria - Azaz
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
VACANCY REFERANCE: VPA - 015
The position holder will directly report to the Program officer. The position will be based in Syria and overall responsible for implementation of livestock component of project. The main objective of the position is to ensure the effective and efficient project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation. The Veterinary Project Assistant will supervise and will provide technical support to the livestock component of the project.
Duties and responsibility:
1. Program Implementation:
· Ensure coordination with local council, local animal health department and other Humanitarian actors present in Azaz to finalize the beneficiary targeting criteria and process.
· Collect and analyze relevant technical, social, economic, environmental, institutional and technology related information, data and/or statistics to support the delivery of projects outcome, outputs and activities.
· Support the team in identification and finalization of the livestock component beneficiaries. Ensure strong community mobilization throughout the project life.
· Closely interact with various stakeholders (beneficiaries, other veterinary service providers, pharmacies, and vets) to ensure better animal husbandry, management and healthcare practices amongst beneficiaries.
· Finalize the detailed implementation plan as well as budget spending plan. Ensure that the monthly review of the project activities and budget take place. Report and take necessary action for any major deviations.
· Ensure to uphold the technical standards of quality and accountability including the guidelines of Livestock Emergency Guidelines and Standards (LEGS), Core Humanitarian standards, and mainstreaming gender and protection.
· Technically support the team.
· Develop a plan for the animal vaccination. Ensure the right vaccines are procured in time and animals are vaccinated. Develop a system to periodically check the health of the animals and report any diseases well in time.
· Support the team in development of feed distribution plan.
· Ensure timely procurement and distribution of livestock kit.
· Extend support to the team and beneficiaries on good practices for products like milk, cheese etc. develop a system to record the production and report on the usage by family and sale.
· Assist in breeding of animal for improving production potential.
· With support from the Monitoring & Evaluation team support the M & E plan implementation
within project, ensuring this links to reporting requirements.
· Ensure the submission of timely and acceptable quality of program and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal IR requirements (on track system) and any relevant external donor requirements.
· Maintain a systematic filing system that would ensure safe keeping of distribution and warehouse records;
2. Capacity Building:
· Identify learning and training opportunities for staff and communicate this to the supervisor.
· Build the capacity of other team members through mentoring and on job training.
3. Representation & Advocacy & Organizational Learning:
· Ensure that Islamic Relief's work is coordinated with efforts of other agencies and Government, and support Interagency Coordination forums (meaningful and regular presence within the cluster and working group, submission of 4w matrix to cluster)
· Contribute to communications and media work as required through correction of data and information and sharing with the project heads
· Systematically record project learning.
Personal Specification (Experience / Education/Skills- Essential):
· First Degree in Bachelor of Veterinary Science (BVSc) or related discipline.
· Minimum 2 years of related experience.
· Understanding – and ideally prior experience – of livelihoods concepts and programming.
· Good understanding of project cycle management, including developing implementation plans and monitoring systems and ensuring project activities are implemented to a high standard in a timely and professional manner
· Prior experience of supervising the team.
· fluent in English & fluent in Arabic (written and spoken).
· Very Good computer skills.
· Proficiency in MS office and the ability to use software necessary for project management and reporting.
· A high degree of competence in Teamwork
· Leadership qualities, team supervision and monitoring
· Integrity & personal conduct
· Sensitivity to diversity, adaptability, initiative & direction
· Planning, management of resources, supervision and control
How to apply:
· If you are reliable, service minded, discreet, and dedicated and a highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and beliefs, please apply by completing the application form from the following link and you may send your CV to Syria.Mission@islamic-relief.com.tr before the closing date.
· Interested applicants that possess the personal specifications mentioned above may apply by completing the job application on the following link before 4th May 2021 at 5:00 pm. You may send your CV to Syria.Mission@islamic-relief.com.tr before the closing date.
Please complete all the fields in the application link and submit it before the deadline, as any incomplete or late application will be refused as The CV alone in not acceptable
Submitting this application does not represent any responsibility on the organization of any kind, and the organization has the right to set standards as it deems appropriate for the job according to the information available about all applicants, and to select candidates who will attend a job interview from among the applicants in accordance with those standards.
If you have any query regarding the application, please send it to Syria.Mission@islamic-relief.com.tr
Apply to Job