Team Leader - Congo
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
About the role
Crown Agents is seeking a dynamic, qualified team leader with an excellent track record in managing complex health systems programmes in fragile contexts. This is for a proposal for a health programme located in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). The programme is expected for focus on health systems; maternal and child health and nutrition.
As a Team Leader, you will be responsible for ensuring that the programme achieves high-quality delivery and results. You will be a skilled manager, with an excellent track record in stakeholder management, client liaison, and technical oversight. You will also be a strong people manager, and able to manage a country team. You will be a skilled communicator and able to engage, motivate and influence a range of stakeholders, including government counterparts. As this role is based in DRC, operational fluency in French is required.
The Team Leader will provide overall operational, administrative, financial, and personnel management. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
Management and Leadership
- Lead the programme team to achieve quality oversight and successful delivery of a national scale health programme
- Working closely with Crown Agents HO, as well as the Deputy Team Leader and Lead Technical Advisor, the TL ensures technical quality and provide oversight in relation to the delivery of all programme activities and deliverables
- Lead responsibilities for strategic planning and project troubleshooting
- Lead responsibilities for the programme’s national and local outreach, including engagement with key stakeholders in National, State and County Ministries of Health.
- Act as the lead in-country interface with FCDO and the primary liaison with other donors active in the sector
- Act as the primary representative for Crown Agents in DRC
With substantial support from the Director of Finance (DF):
- Ensure project financial practices are compliant
- Monitor the in-country programme budget and IP expenditure
- Ensure that financial reporting is accurate and completed on time
With substantial support from the DF and Operations Director:
- Alongside the Deputy Team Leader, direct and collaborate with consortium partners on issues of overall programme strategy
- Ensure subcontractors are properly managed for the delivery of results in the field
- Supported by the Senior Programme Manager, oversee all short-term technical assistance required by the programme
- Ensure safeguarding is a programme priority
- Ensure accurate and technically sound reporting to the donor
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience; with minimum of five years management experience in a developing country
- Relevant academic qualifications suitable for managing a large-scale health programme OR suitable work experience
- Strong understanding of complex development programmes in developing countries
- Strong understanding and proven experience of working with different donors and familiarity with their policies and requirements
- Proven leadership skills
- Proven experience of managing and mentoring large teams
- Experience working in fragile states and/or situations of political sensitivity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including in French
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
Crown Agents is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all candidates at all times as well as a business culture that reflects that belief. Crown Agents will treat everyone equally irrespective of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation, and places an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy. Crown Agents shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidates are selected for interview, or in any terms of employment, and will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the role. Crown Agents is committed to being an organisation enhanced by diversity and encourages applications from anyone who shares our values and commitment to improving the lives of communities affected by poverty or conflict.
About what's on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.
How to apply:
Apply to Job