Solidarity Vaccine Trial Logistics Officer
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Purpose of the Consultancy
To support and accompany candidate countries in setting up adequate logistics and operations capacity to efficiently conduct the COVID-19 vaccination trials for new COVID vaccines.
Work to be performed
Under the supervision of the Logistics Project Lead in the Operations Support & Logistics (OSL) unit, and in close collaboration with the R&D Blueprint team manager, the consultant will oversee and manage all logistics data activities related to the support of the COVID-19 Solidarity Vaccine Trial (SVT) project.
Key duties include:
1. Vaccine Supply: 8 to 10 countries, 6 to 12 producers, 100 or more shipments
- Manage vaccine supply and follow up.
2. Ancillaries and PPE supply & management: 500,000 vaccination and 125 teams**
- Based on vaccination requirement and strategy forecast ancillaries and PPE needs.
- Manage international/national procurement.
- Ensure on time dispatch to recipient countries.
- Ensure country/site stock management system are in place and monitored.
3. Data Management:
- Support UCC/CC data management and monitoring system.
- Integrate and manage the logistics data, with the global data management system.
- Ensure its compliance with WHO quality and efficiency standards.
- Monitor stock issues.
4. Country Support:
- Support countries as they engage with SVT, advising on logistics/UCC/CC requirements.
- Visit countries if necessary as they join SVT to ensure all logistics/UCC/CC requirements are in place and provide training on SVT SOPs as required.
- Ensure compliance with WHO quality and efficiency standards.
- Monitor stock issues.
- To be agreed as the project rolls out and requirements are confirmed.
1. Qualifications required:
- A degree in Cold Chain management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Finance and/or Business Administration, or any related humanitarian field.
2. Experience required:
- Essential: Minimum 7 years experience in developing logistics, humanitarian and emergency, including management or support of vaccination activities.
- Desirable: Field experience in logistics management in low- and middle-income countries, humanitarian setting and emergency contexts.
3. Skills / Technical skills and knowledge:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in data management, supply chain management, supply operations, and/or procurement.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and diplomatic skills, as well as the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders and to present ideas clearly and effectively.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Computer literacy and ability to effectively use office technology equipment and IT tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver results in time critical scenarios.
4. Language requirements:
- Proficiency in English (oral and written) is required.
- French and/or Spanish is a plus
5. Other Skills (e.g. IT):
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Good general knowledge of enterprise resource planning systems.
- Demonstrated skills in databases management and use for monitoring of procurement, inventory, and forecast needs.
How to apply:
Contractual Arrangement: INDIVIDUAL Consultancy**
Starting Date: 10 -May-2021
Ending Date: 09-Nov-2021
Schedule: Full time consultancy
Primary location: WHO Headquarters, Geneva, Switzerland
Application closing date: 30-Apr-2021
Contacts: If you are interested, please send your CV to Ms Egle LORENZIN at firstname.lastname@example.org and Ms Dorothee DUMONT-FILLON at email@example.com
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
Apply to Job