Senior Resources Management Officer
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Position Title: Senior Resources Management Officer
Duty Station: Multiple Duty Stations
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P4
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 16 May 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (COM) and in close coordination with Regional Resources Management Officer (RRMO) in the Regional Office (RO), the Department of Resource Management (DRM) at Headquarters (HQ) and the Administrative Centres in Manila (MAC) and Panama (PAC), the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for supervising and managing the budgetary, financial, human resources and administrative functions of the Country Office and / or Sub-Office(s) and providing support in these areas to staff.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1.Supervise and lead the management of the treasury by forecasting cash flows according to CO activities and its Sub-Offices. Monitor and control funds disbursed; validate that funding is received and disbursed in accordance with donor agreements.
2.Analyze relevant financial projects, oversee the budget control process and analyse variances between budget and actual expenditures. Take proactive action to prevent projects from going into deficit.
3.Prepare the annual budget preparation for the Country Office, monitor budget control and analyse variances between budget and actual expenditures. Prepare the preparation of budgets for new projects and programmes.
4.Manage and strengthen appropriate internal controls to safeguard the Organization’s assets, cash and prevent fraud.
5.Examine and review payroll versus budgets while ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to projects consistent with IOM’s projectization criteria.
6.Review and finalize project and donor financial reports in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedures.
7.Monitor and manage the financial management for all activities in the Country Office including the supervision and management of financial expenditure and accountability.
8.Review existing systems and procedures and, if necessary, take action on possible improvements to strengthen internal monitoring, evaluation and control systems and improve efficiency and effectiveness.
9.Supervise and manage the Human Resources function and take action on recruitment and personnel administration of staff in the Country Office. Correctly apply Human Resources (HR) policies, rules and regulations and take appropriate action for resolving difficult or sensitive cases in consultation with the COM / SRMO and RRMO.
10.Supervise and manage the procurement and logistics services, including contracts with suppliers of goods and services and related administrative authorities; manage the fleet of vehicles and the maintenance of the premises as well as the functioning of all support services at the Country Office.
11.Represent the Organization at UN meetings such as the UN Operations Management Team (OMT) or ONE UN working groups when required.
12.Serve as Officer-in-Charge (OiC) of the Country Office in the absence of the CoM.
13.Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience; or,
• University degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience.
• Professional certification as Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is an advantage.
• Experience in all areas of financial administration including financial management, accounting and budgeting;
• Experience in human resources, procurement and logistics;
• Experience using an Enterprise Resource Planning system,
• Experience in emergency operations an advantage; and,
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation and / or audit an advantage.
• Ability to work closely with government and international officials;
• Demonstrated ability to act independently and exercise sound judgment;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Demonstrated ability to prepare clear and concise report;
• Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) an advantage; and,
• Knowledge of SAP highly desirable
IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English and working knowledge of another IOM’s official language is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of any other UN language is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Internal candidates must have completed at least one year in their current post to be eligible to apply.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators - level 3
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators - level 3
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link: https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and
inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile. For this staff category, candidates will not be considered for placement in a duty station within their country of nationality.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 16 May 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 16.04.2021 to 16.05.2021
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: EOI 2021 19 Senior Resources Management Officer (P4) Multiple Duty Stations (56941774) Released
Posting: Posting NC56941775 (56941775) Released
Apply to Job