Senior Private Sector Partnerships IG Associate
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Terms of Reference
Senior PSP IG Associate
Private Sector Partnerships Hong Kong, China
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is offering a Senior PSP IG Associate within Private Sector Partnerships in our Sub-Office Hong Kong, China.
The position of Senior PSP Individual Giving Associate is under direct supervision of PSP Officer. The incumbent works quite independently and directly supervises PSP Assistant with regular review meetings to ensure all required support is provided to the Face-to-Face fundraising (F2F) programme. S/he regularly reviews PSP Assistant against objectives and provides feedback, support and corrective action as required.
Contacts are mainly with Sections/Units/Offices within the organization both at HQ and in the Field and with suppliers/partners who motivate and manage frontline fundraisers to recruit donors in public venues for UNHCR. Since there are dedicated teams in PSP HK to manage the Donor retention and development function, this role will focus on acquisition, specifically face to face fundraising. Due to the result-driven nature of this position, experience in sales or business development would be highly desirable.
Title: Senior PSP IG Associate
Duty Station: Sub-Office Hong Kong, China
Duration: effective from 16 June 2021
Contract Type: General Service (G7), Fixed-Term Appointment
Closing date: 13 May 2021
Start date: 16 June 2021
Duties and responsibilities
· Develop annual plans for acquisition, donor retention and development programme (i.e. forecasts of costs and expenses, income projections, donor figures, etc.)
· Develop, manage and improve donor servicing and communications to provide a best in class donor care with best practice standards (welcome, information, thank you letters, donor monthly newsletter, in-bound and out-bound donor emails and calls, complaints, etc.).
· Work with marketing agencies to develop contact strategies and donor journeys for different segments of the database using a variety of channels including telemarketing, digital and mail.
· Implement campaigns such as upgrade, conversion, acquisition, welcome, recapturing, loyalty, Thank you, One-off calls, Marketing Research, Upgrade middle donors, middle donors one-off and others.
· Draft submission to the National Growth Fund related to IG programs to secure funding to increase and diversify donor base.
· Contribute to the development of detailed annual plan for the IG programs.
· Monitor and report on progress against the work plan, expenditure, budget and targets.
· Assist in the management of middle value donors and prospects as well as manage regular communication with IG Fundraising Unit and major donor program.
· Supervise the donor database management and any activity related to the donor data care, ensure data entry accuracy and provide analysis of data upon request.
· Work in close collaboration with PSP teams to develop cross channel fundraising campaigns including digital, F2F, Telemarketing, DRTV, direct mail etc.
· Contribute to the development of the fundraising strategies and products for diverse individual fundraising activities that serve to recruit and retain loyal individual donors.
· Develop and implement emergency plans for telemarketing and Face-to-Face.
· Manage relations with partners, contractors and suppliers to implement IG programs.
· Contribute to broaden and enhance the market knowledge and in analysing the competitive environment to monitor PSP performance and make recommendation to management.
· Develop and implement a welcome program for newly recruited monthly donors and one-time donors.
· Coordinate any relevant reporting and analysis of donor development activities in order to evaluate performance and enhance future communications
· In consultation with CRM Manager, ensure that effective TN selection criteria are made, schedule for export and import of TM files, prioritise and request data statistics needed for proper evaluation and optimisation of TM programs.
· Ensure quality control and training systems for F2F Agencies and in-house programs.
· Ensuring that donor acquisition income targets are achieved in a cost-effective manner.
· Manage relations with partners, contractors and suppliers to implement FR programs
· Oversee scripts for different telemarketing campaigns.
· Develop emergency plans for different fundraising activities.
Donor Retention and Development
· Execute donor journeys according to planned schedule, conduct testing among journeys, implement donor engagement activities.
· Implement programme improvements as defined in the UNHCR Donor Development Strategy to strengthen individual giving fundraising programs.
· Foster a donor centric culture and communication
· Advise on donor care actions and improvement to be implemented.
· Develop, monitor and review retention program performance. Draw conclusions and make recommendations to improve future activity and feed into longer term strategic plans.
· Oversee donor development communications plans and fundraising activities, such as newsletter and special appeals, through a variety of media including direct mail, telemarketing, email and mobile.
· Oversee the development and implementation of donor retention communication materials and activities for existing donors and for emergency appeals.
· Target/segment based on donor insights, behaviour, interactions and gifts history.
· Keep up-to-date with giving techniques and strategies to increase or maintain donations from multiple donors.
· Write contents and supervise the design and production of the donor care materials
· Support the coordination of the relation with telemarketing suppliers.
· Improve income of regular committed individual donors, optimising opportunities through data segmentation, supporter journey enhancement, new fundraising products, and optimization of current programmes.
· Ensure that donor care activities comply with the requirements of local legislation and remain up to date with all relevant charity law, regulations and codes of practice.
· Oversee the execution of monthly operations of recapturing by emails/mails, thank-you to donors.
· Improve the responsiveness, depth and quality of the relationship with donors.
· Deepen the relationship with donors and supporters through financial and non-financial actions.
· Ensure that all in-house and outsourced donor care representatives are provided with all information, including Q&A documents, necessary to handle any in-bound donor communications resulting from the donor development activities.
· Perform other duties as required.
Essential minimum qualifications and professional experience required
· 4 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
· preferably with a University degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Economics or other related field
· Experience with non-profit sector.
· Previous experience in supervising database migration and setting up a Contract Relationship Management (CRM) system.
· Experience in project management.
· Experience in managing agencies/vendor.
· Experience in data analysis and segmentation.
· PSFR Direct Marketing and Direct Response Fundraising
· Experience in Private Sector Fundraising
· Fundraising-face to face, digital, emergency, DRTV, etc.
· Online communications, web-based marketing and fundraising contents
· Fundraising approach skills (Face2Face/Sales Prog Outsourced-Sales workforce/Door2Door)
· Cross-cultural communication
· Negotiation skills
· Drafting, Documentation, Data Presentation
· Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
· Proficiency in both English and Chinese (Cantonese and Putonghua)
The successful candidate will be located in Hong Kong, China.
How to apply:
Applicants who wish to be considered for this vacancy should send the
• Motivation letter
• Updated factsheet (for internals only)
by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the position title “Senior PSP IG Associate” and your Last Name in the subject line to: email@example.com by the closing date
Application closing date: 13 May 2021.
No late applications will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a written test and oral interview. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing or any other fees)
UNHCR strongly encourages qualified female applicants for this position. UNHCR seeks to ensure that male and female employees are given equal career opportunities. UNHCR is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
*Refugees – who cares? We Do
Apply to Job