Regional/State M&E Expert
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Idmibok International is a 360° systems diagnostic and correction company. We offer holistic, pragmatic, and robust systems appraisals, to intervening in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical organizational, business and development related issues. By collaborating with global and local development and private entities - such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, non-governmental organizations and the private sector, we draw on breadth and wealth of experience in diverse environments or ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
This is a consultancy for a proposal the organization is working on. The Regional M&E Expert will lead regional/state-based MEL efforts as related to the verification of performance on antenatal nutrition service and focused adolescent health service deliveries by governmental and non-governmental agencies.
The purpose of this assignment is for the Independent Verification Agency (IVA) to conduct independent third-party verification of (i) performance of contracted NSAs on a sample basis every six months; (ii) performance of SPHCDAs with respect to delivery of nutrition sensitive antenatal care at primary health care centers on an annual basis; and (iii) achievement of DLI results at respective federal and participating state levels on as and when achieved basis.
- Lead state-level verification of performance of NSAs, SPHCDAs, and achievement of DLI results by state agencies
- Collaborates with the national technical M&E expert to lead data collection and conducting interviews.
- Manage research assistants across the state.
- Manage data collection, collation, reporting, quality assurance and control of the state team.
- Provide periodic reports to the national team on project implementation.
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of a master’s degree in Economics, Public Health or Nutrition.
- Technical knowledge of M&E in nutrition-based assignments
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in M&E techniques, design and implementation at project level
- Experience in conducting large, national-level surveys, ideally in Nigeria.
- Experience with verification of disbursement-linked indicators for international donors like the World Bank, USAID, etc.
- Demonstrated analytical and report writing skills*.*
- Ability to comply with the estimated project timelines and workdays.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following to: email@example.com with Job Title as the subject, e.g “Regional M&E Expert”
- CV, including date of birth, country of residence and language proficiency
- Cover letter (addressing previous related work, including 3 reference contacts, stating name, position, email, organization, address, telephone and relationship)
- Passport photograph
- 3 written reports on past MEL assignments (preferably, independent verification projects or nutrition-focused projects)
Note: Consultants from and living in Nigeria would be preferred.
Apply to Job