REGIONAL HUMAN RESOURCES AND ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT ADVISOR ESAF
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
REGIONAL HUMAN RESOURCES AND ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT ADVISOR ESAF **
(Job Ref: SOS/19/4/2021)**
Position title: Regional Human Resources &Organizational Development Advisor HR/OD Advisor
Working location:** Addis Ababa Ethiopia or Nairobi, Kenya
Direct Supervisor: Regional Human Resources &Organizational Development Director
Region: East and Southern Africa (ESAF)
SOS Children’s Villages International (SOS CVI) is non-governmental and non-denominational organization working with communities, partners and states to ensure that the rights of all children are fulfilled in every society. SOS CVI is a global federation working to protect and care for children who have lost parental care, or who stand at risk of losing the care. We respect all religions and cultures and work with trusted partners in places where we can contribute to social development. Everything we do is made possible through the generous support of sponsors and donors, institutional and corporate partners, and loyal friends worldwide.
Envisioning that every child belongs to a family and grows up with love, respect and security, we exist to build families for children in need, we help them shape their own futures, and we share in the development of their communities. Everything we do is guided by the firm belief that no child should grow up alone and that we need to improve care for children who are at risk, enabling them to overcome precarious conditions and to succeed in life. To achieve our mission, our strategy for the upcoming decade focuses on ensuring the best care of children, innovation, and effective collaboration with more partners. Our core values guiding who we are and what we do include courage to take action, commitment to keep our promises, trust to believe in each other, and accountability to be reliable Partners.
Mission of the position:
The HR/OD Advisor is under the direction of the Director of HR/OD ESAF be responsible for a given number of Member associations (MAs) within the Region to provide a ‘generalist’ HROD technical support in close cooperation with the assigned CVI Representative assigned for the MA. Primary goals include provide support in effective talent acquisition and onboarding, solid talent management, quick deployment of senior MA staff, robust performance and career management, Learning and development, compensation and benefits management and support in organization restructuring and change processes. These goals will be achieved through a robust partnership with relevant internal clients including MA HR and management team, CVI Rep office team and regional functional team. The position will ensure that HROD client services across the assigned cluster and the regional office will be more direct, timely and result oriented. The post will also lead and participate in any assigned special Human Resources and organization Development processes within the regional office and in the MA HROD support operation. The position keeps abreast of all developments in all areas of HROD to provide up to standard support and capacity building to the client MAs.
Purpose of the position:
The purpose of the position is to provide a generalist and assigned specialized HROD support to the MAs within ESAF and more specifically to the clusters in which the advisor is assigned.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
· Responsible for providing guidance to member associations with in the region on HR related functions included but not limited to, recruitment, contract administration and other operational issues.
· Support member associations in various HROD topics and process including but not limited to talent management, recruitment and onboarding, learning and development, performance management, compensation and benefit management, organizational review, career and succession planning, HROD reporting and analytics.
· Support to facilitate institutional gender and diversity initiatives in the region by providing advice on equity, compliance, inclusion and diversity.
· Support during HR assessment processes and in develo0pment of MA HROD strategies and functional plans.
· Conducts periodic HROD supervision visits and audits to review actuals with set standards and provide support to ensure MAs has strong HROD function and team.
· Responsible for supporting MAs to meet various SOS international HR & OD quality standards & guidelines.
· Supports in the assessment, identification and implementation of capacity development actions of the MAs.
· Supports MAs´ in their strategic & annual HROD plan and MA personnel budget processes, provides plan and budget quality checks supports.
· In addition to the generalist HROD advisory role the HROD advisor will be required to provide specialized technical support on assigned specialist HROD themes such as Learning and Development, compensation and benefit management, talent management and Policy and organizational review, etc.
· Provide HROD support to the regional team and MAs in the areas of project proposal development.
Job Requirements (Qualification, ability, competencies and work experience)
· Master Degree in Human Resources/Organization development/Business Administration and Public Administration or any other related field
· At least 7 years of experience in a generalist HR Management and relevant operational services as well as Strong Technical knowledge in the field of HROD, particularly in organization Development and learning and development.
· Of which at least 3 years managerial or senior advisory experience in the field of HR and OD
· Excellent competency in Human Resources and organization development process management, individual and organizational capacity assessment & building and organizational learning skills
· Strong experience in HROD policy and strategy review and development
· Good grasp of and experience in change management, organizational design and restructuring processes
· Strong experience in compensation and benefits management processes is essential
· Experience in working multicultural and wider stakeholder management context will be strong advantage.
· Strong communication, presentation, planning, priority setting skills
· Self starter, ability to work independently as well as strong team working skills.
· Strong analytical and creativity skills
· Knowledge of strong English communication - a requirement and
· Very good working knowledge of French is strong advantage.
· Proficiency all Microsoft office applications, strong excel management skills
· A diverse range of interesting tasks in a leading INGO multicultural working environment
· As a responsible employer we provide a range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
· A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
“SOS Children’s Villages International holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasise to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes”.
How to apply:
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position, please send your detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates.
Applications should be submitted electronically indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line and send to the address given. All applications should be submitted not later than 3rd, May 2021.
Applications that are late do not have a CV or certificates attached will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. E-mail applications should bear the reference number of the position in the subject line of the email.
E-mail: Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent electronically to: ESAF.HROD@sos-kd.org
Apply to Job