NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
****Preferred position location: United Kingdom or other locations within 3 hours of UK time zone, where WVI is registered to operate. This is a part time position (Hours per week 0.60 FTE).*
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 34,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
In June 2017, the CEOs and senior leaders of 6 child-focused agencies (Child Fund, Plan International, Save the Children, SOS Children’s Villages, Terre des Hommes and World Vision) met in Bellagio/Northern Italy. They decided to join forces to accelerate the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) for Children with at least one or two joint initiatives. They committed to put aside their egos and logos and in the spirit of collaboration focus on the areas where only together they can achieve significant improvements in the lives of children.
The two initiatives agreed upon are:
- Joining Forces to End Violence Against Children
- Joining Forces to advance children’s rights - Child Rights Now.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with different finance and administrative systems and developing and proposing changes to develop efficiencies and effective ways of working.
- Collaborative approach to work, listening actively to stakeholders and adapting to their concerns, and the ability to prioritise competing stakeholder requirements.
- Experience of developing or defining IT and communication tool needs for a multinational environment.
- Able to monitor and track income and expenditure against budgets.
- Able to manage multiple demands, meet deadlines and plan effectively. Results orientated and ensures systematic follow up for tasks.
- Fluency in English, both written and oral.
- The position requires up to 10% travel.
How to apply:
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 15 MAY 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.
Apply to Job