National Operation Officer - SVN-KBL- 032/21
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
II. Organizational Context and Scope
IOM, with the financial assistance of the European Union, developed the Reintegration and Development Assistance in Afghanistan (RADA) project to support sustainable reintegration of returnees within their communities of return. RADA is implemented in eight provinces of high return (Baghlan, Balkh, Herat, Kabul, Kandahar, Kunar, Laghman, and Nangarhar) to achieve the following results:
1.Sustainable reintegration: Returnees and communities in areas of high return in Afghanistan share an enabling environment for sustainable reintegration in which returnees reach a level of economic self-sufficiency, social stability within their community, and psychosocial well-being that enables them to cope with (re)-migration drivers.
Activities include integrated community development projects, support to businesses, start-ups, and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET).
2. Capacity strengthening: The Ministry of Refugees and Repatriation (MoRR) and its departments at the provincial level, have strengthened capacities to plan, coordinate and facilitate the provision of comprehensive reintegration assistance.
Activities include technical assistance, peer-to-peer capacity building, and the establishment of referral mechanisms and structures such as Reintegration Information Centres (RIC) at the provincial level.
3. Reception Assistance: Persons who are returned to Afghanistan under the Joint Way Forward Framework and additional arrangements on non-voluntary returns, are provided
with immediate assistance at the airport in Kabul, Afghanistan.
Activities include medical and psychosocial screening and referral, temporary accommodation, and onward transportation.
4. Knowledge development: Comprehensive data collection, trend monitoring, and research contribute to an evidence base on return, reintegration, and development policy and practice in Afghanistan.
Activities include data collection and analysis to monitor results, impact and contextual trends, publications and roundtables contribute to policy discussions at the national and international level.
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Project Manager, the direct supervision of the National Programme Officer, and in close coordination with the National Programme Officer for AVRR, the successful candidate will ensure the effective and efficient implementation of the Post Arrival Reception Assistance (PARA) as per the guidelines outlined in the EU/DEVCO funded project “Reintegration and Development Assistance in Afghanistan” (RADA) through the following responsibilities:
III. Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1) Coordinate activities between the operation team and the reintegration team on all issues related to returnees, with a particular emphasis on reception and counseling, as well as financial matters (provision of cash grants);
2) Act as the focal point for all information requests received from The Ministry of Refugees and Repatriation (MoRR) and embassies/consulates of Afghanistan overseas;
3) Liaison between airport authorities, MoRR, and relevant Ministers to ensure that the airport operations operate effectively and efficiently;
4) Act as the focal point for all nonvoluntary and/or non-AVRR returns, with duties that may include ensuring the payment of cash-based assistance, medical consultations and assistance, referrals for protection issues and unaccompanied minors;
5) Supervising operation staff at the reception center at Kabul airport and other reception assistance staff employed in the future;
6) Assuring that all assistance provided to returnees is consistent with best IOM’s protection and arrival assistance best practice;
7) Act as the focal point for the non-voluntary return of unaccompanied minors (UAM), ensuring coordination with UNICEF and directly with MoLSA, where required;
8) Identifying organizations providing services for Afghan returnees and establishing effective referral pathways;
9) Oversee the administrative and financial elements of PARA, in close coordination with the National Programme Officer and the Senior Project Manager.
10) Prepare statistical analyses, narrative reports, and communications as required, ensuring updating of the databases and reporting that support the M&E Unit and Programme Management Team (PMT);
11) As required, represent the Programme to donors, the host government, and other key stakeholders, on issues pertaining to PARA;
12) Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:**
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3*
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Note: The recruitment process for this vacancy notice may be used to employ candidates for similar roles**
Appointment is subject to funding availability.**
· In-depth knowledge of the broad range of migration-related subject areas dealt with by the Organization.
· In-depth knowledge of project lifecycle management, including project identification, implementation and monitoring, and evaluation.
· Sound knowledge and skills of communication (external and internal) and reporting.
· Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming.
V. Education and Experience:
· University degree required and advanced university degree desirable, in social science, law, business administration or other relevant fields;
Good knowledge of and experience in the use of the MS Office package.
· A minimum of two (2) years working experience, with increasing responsibilities in overseeing business operations, project management, or relevant field.
· Experience in implementing social services, development assistance, or governance projects in Afghanistan, including in working with vulnerable migrant groups including returning migrants, experience working on reintegration issues is an advantage.
· Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations and lead, motivate teams, and cooperate with relevant government and community counterparts, international organizations, implementing partners, and private sector entities.
Experience with international organizations, UN agencies, (international) non-governmental organizations is preferred.
· English- Fluency is required (speaking and writing)
· Dari – Fluency is required (speaking and writing)
· Pashto- Advantage Knowledge
How to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to send curriculum vitae by the following e-mail address:
email@example.com and by Close of Business (CoB) 27 April 2021 latest, referring to this advertisement quoting the above vacancy notice number. Candidates holding an IOM contract, please update your information in your IOM SAP account, and submit that with your curriculum vitae to the mentioned email address, applicants who failed to do so will not be considered. We do not accept hard copies.
To create IOM PHF, please refer below:
• IOM Staff inside IOM network, please update your information in your IOM PRISM account.
External candidate with no account yet in the IOM website, Click here) to create your account.
External candidate and already have an account, Click here )
IOM Staff outside IOM network, Click here
Campaigning for a candidate can be grounds for disqualification.
Apply to Job