National Information Management Officer SC8 Gaziantep VA004-2021
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Within delegated authority, the Information Management Officer (National Staff) will be responsible for the following duties: (These duties are generic and thus are not all-inclusive nor are all duties carried out by all IM staff)
Terms of Reference
Data collection and information analysis:
- Report to the Food Security Sector Coordinator and respond to the sector Membership’s needs for information.
- Provide IM support to the sector coordinator on a day-to-day basis as requested.
- Provide IM services to the sector for key decision-making, including managing the FSC IM tools. These services will include data collection, cleaning, collation, analysis and dissemination processes relevant to the needs of the sector. This may require building additional and appropriate capacity through the training of additional staff and managing, organizing, and conducting these activities.
- Proactively gather information from sector partners and other organizations which may be of use to the Food Security sector for informing decisions.
- Identify secondary data and information resources as needed.
- Organize and manage the data input and initial analysis and presentation of data for the Food Security Sector, including setting up the FSC IM Data Collection Tools in accordance with the country context.
- Create, manage and maintain contact directories and mailing lists of Food Security Sector partners.
- Establish, collect information for and maintain Who does What Where and When (4W) database and derivative products, such as maps and dashboards.
- Based on collected data, conduct needs and gap identification for the sector; facilitating and agreeing benchmarks to enable prioritization within the sector.
- Conduct inventory of and identify relevant common Cluster/Sector data sets, including population data disaggregated by age and sex.
- Develop simple, user-friendly emergency Food Security monitoring reporting formats in consultation with the sector coordinator, providers of Food Security assistance and other key stakeholders.
- Collect data on the humanitarian requirements and contributions (financial, material, human – as appropriate). Other tasks:
- Liaise with OCHA and IM Focal Points in other sectors – share information as appropriate and identify and gather information from other sectors which can inform Food Security response and preparedness decisions.
- Assist in organizing and following up with FSS Meetings (including preparing and disseminating meeting minutes).
- Disseminate information, including through e-mail updates, bulletins, etc.
- Ensure that the FSS website is kept up to date.
- Provide inputs for various situation reports and information inquiries as needed.
- Any other tasks that may be required (within reason) to achieve the objective of this assignment.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS Essential technical skills:
- Strong knowledge of and experience in using advanced excel and data analysis software, including proficiency with databases.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in the use of GIS/Cartographic outputs and ability to collect and organize data and support their production.
- Ability to present information in understandable tables, charts, graphs and maps.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills in both English and Arabic. Other technical skills that are considered desirable:
- Ability to maintain and manage website content for the cluster.
- Data storage and file management expertise.
- Assessment, Survey, and Monitoring and Evaluation expertise.
- Information Technology and networking skills.
How to apply:
Internal candidate :
External candidate :
Apply to Job