Multi-Countries Delegation Representative M/F - Amman, Jordan
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Position Start Date: 15.06.2021
Duration: 24 months
Working time: 100%
Location: Amman, Jordan
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in around 40 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 4 million children and members of their communities, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
As representative of the organisation, the MCD Representative coordinates and manages all activities linked to Terre des hommes in the countries: external representation and networking, fundraising, staff management, safety and security, finance and administration, oversees operations at country and MCD level. You support Terre des hommes advocacy at national level and when possible at the regional level. You build and manage partnerships. You manage and develop the organisation’s country and MCD strategy jointly with the Operations Unit in HQ.**
Strategy and institutional policy
- Ensures implementation and compliance with the Terre des hommes Foundation Strategic Plan, Tdh Regional strategy plan and Tdh thematic frameworks in the field.
- Together with the Operations Deputy Manager elaborates, implements, and reviews the MCD strategy for Terre des hommes.
Representation, communication, and networking
- Acts as a link between the Tdh global, regional, and local level and ensures the communication flow and MCD team dynamics.
- Represents the organisation in the countries, particularly to the governments, official agencies, other non-governmental agencies, partners, and the community.
- Ensures that all formalities required by governments and other official agencies are properly prepared and punctually presented.
- Actively participates in meetings and fora organised by the GO/NGO/UN sectors as relevant to Tdh work in the country.
- Develops synergies and partnerships with national and international actors present in the area.
- Liaises strategically with Governments representatives as well as with potential in countries donors including SDC as a bilateral donor.
- Develops and leads the country/MCD fundraising strategy, contract negotiation and strategic networking for the MCD, in collaboration with the regional team and the Operations Unit at the HQ (especially for the cross-country initiatives/projects).
- Develops and maintains sound relations with potential donors (institutional, local, etc).
- Develop advocacy strategies based on MCD’s context and Tdh’s expertise for collaboration and implementation opportunities.
- Identifies new funding sources.
- Initiates and leads the development of new project proposals.
- Secures new contracts.
- Together with the Senior Management Team and the project staff, reviews the progress of programmes and projects monthly.
- Monitors the quality of the work carried out and suggests means of improvements.
- Assess the efficacy and effectiveness of the work carried out and identifies ways for further improvements.
- Oversees the operations at country and MCD level.
- Provides the Operations Unit at HQ with quality monthly activity reports and annual reports in line with project objectives and indicators.
- Provides the Operations Unit at HQ and/or the donors with quality intermediate and final project reports as per contract.
Finance and administration
- Is responsible for the overall financial management of the MCD.
- Ensures a tight follow up of all budgets including donors’ contracts and takes necessary actions in case of over/under expenditure.
- Works with the finance and admin coordinator on budgeting, accounting, and auditing as required.
- Implements and updates Terre des hommes MCD’s rules and procedures.
- Ensure that contracts, rules and procedures meet all requirements of national law.
Human resources management and coordination
- Manages (supervision, support, training, etc.) Terre des hommes employees in Jordan/Palestine, expatriates as well as local staff.
- Recruits Terre des hommes national staff.
- Elaborates, implements, and updates the MCD personnel policy.
- Ensures the proper functioning of the MCD and the teams, strengthening cohesion between operations, programs, and support functions.
Safety and Security
- In close collaboration with the Risk Focal points, ensures security of Tdh national and expatriate staffs, Tdh working sites and premises in areas of intervention.
- Ensures the application of the security procedures. Analyses and formalize lessons learnt with the Risk Focal points and the HQ.
- Ensures the development of updated context analysis and risks analysis based on reliable networks.
- Ensures to maintain and develops key contacts with all the main actors (local and national authorities, security state bodies, Non-state actors).
- Ensures and facilitates communication between Tdh and all relevant local and national authorities.
- Undertake other duties that may be defined by Tdh desk HQ.
- Terre des hommes expects that its contractors’ professional conduct reflects proper behaviour in accordance with local culture and traditions. The incumbent assures the moral protection of the name of Terre des hommes and defends in all circumstances the interests of the movement.
- University Degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position (managing a delegation)
- Fluent English, Arabic and French is an asset
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Proven diplomatic and public relations skills, and a demonstrated ability to work with cooperating partners in implementing programs, with the ability to publicly represent an organization.
- Proven capabilities in leadership and integrity are required, with the ability to manage a diverse team, communicate effectively with individuals, and motivate a team in difficult situations.
Please be advised that living conditions in the field (volatile security context, basic living conditions, shared showers/toilets, curfew, restriction of movements, etc.) can be challenging and although Tdh does the necessary to ensure security and wellbeing of the staff, people used to a certain level of comfort might not feel at ease in the field.
Expatriate contract under Swiss regulations ranges between 4’200-5’300 CHF net /month according to experience x 13 times, Vacancy: 25 days annual leaves local accommodation and transportation, Health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies :
- Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
- Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
- Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
How to apply:
Please applying directly online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JblrIlmf?idpartenaire=20007 Application files sent through our official website will be processed only if complete (CV + cover letter). Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested at a later stage.
We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates only in the selection process – with the large number of applications received, we unfortunately cannot provide personal follow-up to the larger candidate pool. Thanks for your understanding.
For any questions you can consult the FAQ below the job advertisements.
To know more about Terre des hommes: https://vimeo.com/253387418
Apply to Job