Migration Health Officer – Field Coordination
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
IOM Iraq was established in 2003, and has built a strong network of staff, offices and logistics capacity. With
more than 1,500 staff and main offices in Baghdad, Erbil, and Basra and 16 sub-offices in key locations, IOM
works in cooperation with the Government of Iraq to provide support across all of Iraq’s 18 governorates.
IOM works in partnership with UN agencies, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and Community
Service Organizations (CSOs) as a member of the United Nations Country Team (UNCT) for Iraq.
Within its Health border and mobility management (HBMM) framework, IOM delivers and promotes
comprehensive, immediate and long-term preventive and curative health programmes which are beneficial,
accessible, and equitable for migrants, mobile population and other vulnerable and hard to reach populations.
IOM works within existing health framework and with government authorities and Health, WASH, and
Protection cluster coordination mechanism. IOM provides travel health assessments, emergency life-saving
assistance and health system strengthening which has been disrupted by long term conflict, distance and other
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and Head, Migration Health Unit, and the direct
supervision of the Migration Health Emergency Preparedness and Response Coordination, the successful
candidate will be responsible and accountable for the management and implementation emergency health
preparedness and response activities in their geographic area of concern.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Oversee all EPR response activities including humanitarian response for internally displaced
people and COVID-19 response in the designated areas of the duty station.
- Ensure daily management, supervision and capacity building of the EPR team working in the area
of responsibility, including National program officers, program assistants, information
management assistants, and health promote teams.
- Identify logistical and human resources needed in collaboration with the team leads and field
- Develop project implementation plans to track project activities and operational budgets, and
provide input to procurement plans.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female
candidates are especially encouraged, as well as the internal and external candidates are eligible to
apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, the internal candidates are considered as
- Support the quantification of essential commodities such as medications, equipment, and supplies
- especially personal protective equipment (PPE) and infection prevention and control (IPC)
supplies; work with field teams and other departments to ensure an effective supply chain system
is in place to forecast needs and monitor consumption.
- Lead and coordinate health assessments including health system, community, and health facility
assessments to inform IOM’s response.
- Ensure IOM’s activities are implemented in compliance with IOM and donor procedures
- Contribute to the development of technical resources such as standard operating procedures and
guidelines, training modules, job-aides, and supervision tools.
- Take swift action to respond to epidemiological changes, contextual challenges, and needs on the
- Ensure regular reporting, such as through weekly reports, on IOM activities including key
performance indicators and share important developments in relation to the humanitarian and
- Work closely with the field teams to continuously improve the quality of IOM’s response, ensuring
that quality assurance is mainstreamed across all activities.
- Represent IOM and coordinate activities with the Health Cluster, Emergency Operations Center
(EOC), and other partners and platforms; thereby ensuring IOM’s technical input, presence and
visibility in coordination forums.
- Represent IOM key coordination forums such as the Sub-national Health Cluster; liaise and
coordinate with health authorities, UN agencies, NGOs, and key stakeholders in the respective
- With the guidance of the MHC, prepare relevant documents (Procurement and movement plans,
purchase request, payment request, etc.) to ensure that material and financial resources are made
available in a timely manner.
- Contribute to IOM resource mobilization by providing substantive inputs on needs, opportunities,
implementing partners, operational strategies and financial requirements.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Master’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Management or a related field from an accredited
academic institute with minimum four years of relevant professional experience in project
University degree in the above fields with six years of relevant professional experience..
Experience and Skills:
At least four-years of experience in public health program management in humanitarian settings.
Previous experience in humanitarian response, disease outbreak settings or conflict settings is
Excellent computer skills, especially in MS Office applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS
Access, Internet Explorer
Fluency in English.
Kurdish and Arabic are an advantageous.
Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
Shares knowledge and experience.
Positive, constructive attitude.
Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a
minimum of comfort.
Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of
sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
How to apply:
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified internal
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only
shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply to Job