Libya Local Governance and Civil Society/ Taqarib- Research Analyst – Civil Society
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Position Title: Research Analyst – Civil Society
Project Name: Taqarib/Libya Local Governance and Civil Society Project
Period of Performance: May 15, 2021 – August 31, 2021
The Taqarib project, formerly known as the Libya Local Governance and Civil Society (LGCS) Activity will support the foundation of a more unified Libyan state by prioritizing local-level activities that foster stability and accountable governance while reinforcing positive linkages among the national government, subnational government administration, and citizens. LGCS works to increase the Libyan Government’s ability to deliver essential services and promote stability. It seeks to help citizens engage in public dialogue, prioritize resources, and develop initiatives to hold government accountable. To achieve these goals, LGCS will center its activities around four objectives:
- Strengthen the capacity of targeted municipal institutions to deliver services and be more responsive to citizen needs
- Empower Libyan citizens, civil society organizations, private sector, and other stakeholders with the skills and capability to advocate for government institutions to deliver on their mandates.
- Encourage coherence of national and subnational government policy, systems, and coordination through pilots advancing targeted policy reform. Strengthen national and subnational decentralization policies, systems, and, and coordination
- Inform Programming through a robust learning and analysis agenda.
The Research Analyst – Civil Society will provide support to the Objective 2 Lead in meeting daily, weekly, and monthly tasks by offering technical support and delivering research outputs and reports that offer insights contributing to building the capacities of CSOs to deliver on their mandates. The Analyst will contribute to the team by delivering upon requested tasks.
- Provide ongoing support to the Objective 2 team in delivering high quality research deliverables related to civil society under Objective 2 of Taqarib.
- Support the Objective 2 team in reviewing documents to ensure their alignment to Taqarib objectives.
- Supporting the Objective 2 team in analyzing the indicators of Objective 2 to monitor their progress and ensure their achievability.
TASKS (PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS)
- Keep track of the number of CSOs receiving USG assistance engaged in advocacy interventions
- Deliver research outputs that contribute to the increase in CSOs’ OPI scores
- Analyze the performance of grantees working on advocating for or to holding government institutions accountable and provide recommendations on ensuring their efforts are evidence-based
- Report to the team on the changes in social accountability monitoring scores
- Analyze the performance of participants in the Champions for Change (C4C) program and offer recommendations for the development of the program
- Support the Objective 2 team with research reports on how to enhance citizen participation in public sector planning and decision-making, particularly youth, women, and minorities.
- Analyze various social accountability tools and recommend the relevance of tools to ensuring the increase in accountability of municipalities
- Support the implementation Objective 2 of Taqarib by providing technical and timely support to the Objective Lead.
- Conduct timely research and analysis and draft reports, synopses, and other documents as requested.
- Provide revision to various types of documents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years of experience in relevant field
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required.
- Experience working with civil society organizations
- Experience with designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis, and production of reports required
- Professional fluency in English and Arabic required.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit their CV and cover letter to Libya@dai.com with email subject title “Research Analyst – Civil Society”. Deadline for receiving CVs is April 28, 2021.
Apply to Job