Libya Local Governance and Civil Society/ Taqarib- Knowledge Management Specialist – Civil Society
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Position Title: Knowledge Management Specialist – Civil Society
Project Name: Taqarib/Libya Local Governance and Civil Society Project
Period of Performance: May 15, 2021 – August 31, 2021
The Taqarib project, formerly known as the Libya Local Governance and Civil Society (LGCS) Activity will support the foundation of a more unified Libyan state by prioritizing local-level activities that foster stability and accountable governance while reinforcing positive linkages among the national government, subnational government administration, and citizens. LGCS works to increase the Libyan Government’s ability to deliver essential services and promote stability. It seeks to help citizens engage in public dialogue, prioritize resources, and develop initiatives to hold government accountable. To achieve these goals, LGCS will center its activities around four objectives:
- Strengthen the capacity of targeted municipal institutions to deliver services and be more responsive to citizen needs
- Empower Libyan citizens, civil society organizations, private sector, and other stakeholders with the skills and capability to advocate for government institutions to deliver on their mandates.
- Encourage coherence of national and subnational government policy, systems, and coordination through pilots advancing targeted policy reform. Strengthen national and subnational decentralization policies, systems, and, and coordination
- Inform Programming through a robust learning and analysis agenda.
The Knowledge Management Specialist – Civil Society will provide high-level technical support to Taqarib’s Objective 2 team on topics related to governance, local governance, municipality work, social accountability, and M&E, among others. The main objective of the Knowledge Management Specialist is to support the activities related to Objective 2 of Taqarib.
- Identifying, managing, and disseminating key information to advance technical practice and provide practitioners with the tools they need to conduct better development work.
- Collecting, organizing, summarizing, analyzing, and synthesizing information related to civil society under Objective 2 of Taqarib and advise the Lead on decisions made.
- Supporting the Taqarib project in building its capacity-building and technical assistance methodologies and resources
TASKS (PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS)
- Provide technical assistance in the development of organizational and operational plans, grants, contracts and or procedures for achieving program goals
- Participate in the preparation of procedural manuals and related instructional materials
- Prepares or direct the preparation and maintenance of necessary records and reports
- Review and analyze operations to assist and advise Objective 2 prescribed standards, practices and procedures
- Evaluate activities and make recommendations to increase operating efficiency and ensure adherence with government guidelines
- Evaluate and prioritize grant applications and review grant documentation to determine eligibility and conformance with program objectives.
- Formulate organizational and operational plans, grants, contracts or procedures for achieving program goals
- At least 6 years of experience in relevant field.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required.
- Strong knowledge of local governance and civil society.
- Experience with designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis, and production of reports required.
- Experience with international donor-funded projects or international organizations preferred.
- Professional fluency in English and Arabic required.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit their CV and cover letter to Libya@dai.com with email subject title “Knowledge Management Specialist”. Deadline for receiving CVs is April 28, 2021.
Apply to Job