Libya Local Governance and Civil Society/ Taqarib- Research Analyst – Local Governance
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Position Title: Research Analyst – Local Governance
Project Name: Taqarib/Libya Local Governance and Civil Society Project
Period of Performance: May 15, 2021 – August 31, 2021
The Taqarib project, formerly known as the Libya Local Governance and Civil Society (LGCS) Activity will support the foundation of a more unified Libyan state by prioritizing local-level activities that foster stability and accountable governance while reinforcing positive linkages among the national government, subnational government administration, and citizens. LGCS works to increase the Libyan Government’s ability to deliver essential services and promote stability. It seeks to help citizens engage in public dialogue, prioritize resources, and develop initiatives to hold government accountable. To achieve these goals, LGCS will center its activities around four objectives:
- Strengthen the capacity of targeted municipal institutions to deliver services and be more responsive to citizen needs
- Empower Libyan citizens, civil society organizations, private sector, and other stakeholders with the skills and capability to advocate for government institutions to deliver on their mandates.
- Encourage coherence of national and subnational government policy, systems, and coordination through pilots advancing targeted policy reform. Strengthen national and subnational decentralization policies, systems, and, and coordination
- Inform Programming through a robust learning and analysis agenda.
The Research Analyst – Local Governance will provide high level consulting to the Objective 2 team in relation to building the capacity of private sector actors and formal stakeholders to hold municipal and national-level institutions accountable to deliver on their mandates. The Analyst will provide various research reports, recommendations, and in-depth backgrounds on local governance to support the lead in ensuring the delivery on the indicators. The analyst will contribute to the team by delivering upon requested tasks.
- Provide ongoing support to the Objective 2 team by delivering high-level research deliverables related to local governance under Objective 2 of Taqarib.
- Provide recommendations on enhancing state-society relations to contribute to the success of the indicators.
- Analyzing the impact of efforts advocating for government accountability and offer insights to upscale these efforts
- Support the team in reviewing documents to ensure their alignment to Taqarib objectives.
TASKS (PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS)
- Support the implementation Objective 2 of Taqarib by providing high-level technical support to the Objective Lead in relation to local governance
- Conduct high-level research and analysis on local governance in Libya and draft reports, synopses, and other documents as requested
- Analyze the impact of grants advocating for or holding government institutions accountable and offering insights on upscaling these efforts
- Support the team in providing key insights to support social action initiatives
- Provide research outputs to the lead with recommendations for local governments to align with and enable more active citizen participation
- Deliver analytical insights offering practical steps for municipalities to increase their level of accountability
- Assess the capacity and needs of key local and national stakeholders involved in the local governance process in relation to Taqarib objectives
- Provide support to enable CSOs to work in partnership with local government officials to address issues of government accountability and community tolerance
- Work with the team of field coordinators to build their capacities to engage local governments in capacity development interventions that work with CSOs
- Work with local government agencies to develop interventions to strengthen the accountability of community and facility-based services, including provision of information and public oversight
- Support local governments to understand procedures and mechanisms for collecting, analyzing, and using citizen feedback in public planning and service delivery
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years of experience in relevant field.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Strong knowledge of local governance and civil society.
- Experience with designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis, and production of reports required.
- Professional fluency in English and Arabic required.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit their CV and cover letter to Libya@dai.com with email subject title “Research Analyst-Local Governance”. Deadline for receiving CVs is April 28, 2021
Apply to Job