International Consultancy on Protection - PiiN Project Manager - Burkina Faso
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
TERMS OF REFERENCES
International Consultancy on Protection
10 months from end of may 2021
Deadline for the application : 5th of May, 2021 included
International Consultancy - PiiN Project Manager
5 months Home-based/Action Contre la Faim HQ (Paris)
5 months 5 months Ouagadougou Burkina Faso with field trips as required
MHPSS and Protection
Global (50%) with pilot testing in Burkina Faso (50%)
This position is currently funded for 10 months full time starting from end of May
ACF is a non-profit association, recognized as a public utility organization in France, active in fighting hunger, through emergency operations, in order to meet the vital needs of the most vulnerable populations, as well as post-crisis programs in order to develop population’s autonomy.
HQ and Field level implementation and management of a Sida funded capacity-building project on protection integration into nutrition in AAH. Contribute towards the relevance, quality, adequacy and development of the PiiN Project for its implementation in Burkina Faso while ensuring coherence with its global scope.
AAH is strongly committed to supporting affected communities worldwide by developing new approaches to mitigate the key drivers of hunger and wants to do so by putting protection at the centre of its actions. The The Protection integration in Nutrition (PiiN) project will contribute to the international discourse and efforts over protection integration into AAH work and proposes to do so by starting from its very mandate of delivering nutrition focused assistance in a protective way, complementing nutrition strategy and interventions with protection-focused outcomes. International consultations have resulted lately in an increase of interest in protection - including child protection and SGBV actors - and nutrition/health actors building on multi-sectoral integrated knowledge coming from different sectors to address the protection needs of affected populations, through synergetic approaches. Building on this momentum, the Protection integration in Nutrition (PiiN) project aims at addressing the urgency for people to meet their basic needs in nutrition while reducing the risk of violence when fulfilling them (e.g. access to food, transactional sex, freedom of movement) by integrating protection risks and outcomes in nutrition security strategies (design, approaches and delivery modalities).
The PiiN framework aims at providing integrated and gender-appropriate response and services to prevent, mitigate, and address protection risks across nutrition-security interventions and achieve protective outcomes and to foster a meaningful access to essential services and a safe, accountable and inclusive humanitarian response to avoid causing harm, ensuring inclusion of people who are often marginalized and excluded. **
The PiiN Project Manager will support in the project’s implementation through achieving the following outcomes: **
· Support the Project Coordinator in planning the various stages of project implementation and set the direction by prioritizing and organizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives
· Support the Project Coordinator for the budget utilization and ensures sound financial management and the use of funds and coordinate closely with Finance Managers
· Contribute towards the organisation and report into the Project Steering Committee (SC) and donor, including organizing regular meetings, developing ways of working, providing regular updates, information and briefings for decision-making on critical/top-line issues, raising challenges, etc.
· Together with the Project Coordinator contribute towards external representation with a variety of stakeholders (donors, government officials, Cluster, other consortia and NGOs)
· Support the Project Coordinator in leading the consultations with AAH’s global partners including nutrition, protection, SGBV and CP actors, the affected communities through focusing on their meaningful participation, and other relevant stakeholders.
· Lead the consultation with AAH’s national partners in Burkina Faso (BF) including nutrition, protection, SGBV and CP actors, the affected communities through focusing on their meaningful participation, and other relevant stakeholders with the support of the coordinator.
· Support the Project Coordinator in leading the selection of nutrition-focused tools and methodologies to develop and/or update in order to integrate protection risk analysis and strategies for having protection-oriented outcomes.
· Support the Project Coordinator to co-construct the PiiN tools, methodology, strategies
· Support the Project Coordinator, the HQs and the country offices to co-construct the PiiN capacity building tools, action plan, methodology, global and national strategies.
· Support the Project Coordinator for training of AAH staff at HQ and country level on protection and its practical integration in the nutrition framework
· Support the Project Coordinator for the organisation and animation of webinars, online platforms exchange among members of the national and international coordination mechanisms
- Monitor the project implementation and activities to ensure successful achievement of project goals and targets, spending on time and budget, and other donor commitments
- Provides strategic and operational leadership in all phases and aspects of the program management cycle.
- Establish and reinforce common understanding across projects staff on project goals, components, and implementation methodologies, including MEAL approaches and ensures that quality reports are prepared and submitted to the donor.
- Implement field-based pilot studies through the use of protection & nutrition integrated adapted tools, guidelines and methodologies
- Oversee and monitor the work of all project’s field staff and implementing partners, ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during the project implementation
- Ensure quality implementation on the PiiN objectives, outcomes and outputs in Burkina Faso while coordinating with the PM (RDC) and Coordinator for coherence of overall project implementation
- Ensure that adapted tools, guidelines and methodologies are tested in BF ensuring quality follow-up of the project appraisal tools.
- Ensure that pilot testing in BF further informs the design of the PiiN methodology through a rigorous MEAL framework development and implementation.
- Ensure the accuracy of the nutrition and protection integrated risks analysis that will inform field-testing and co-creation of PiiN global and national methodologies and strategies.
- Contribute to the implementation of minimum standards in protection at country level where needed.
- Ensure sensitization, training and dissemination of PiiN related policies and tools in the area of protection for headquarters and field teams
- In Burkina Faso, lead the capacity building component and transfer of knowledge of protection related theories and best practices as well as training tailored to the utilisation of the protection and nutrition integrated toolkit while ensuring coherence with the other PiiN PM (RDC) and Project Coordinator
- Ensure training of trainers in Burkina Faso (to cascade to national nutrition partner organizations) on the use and effectiveness of the PiiN tools and methodologies for testing, including a protection and nutrition risk analysis tool, appraisal tools for follow up of indicators, technical guidelines, etc.
- Ensure wide circulation among members the national coordination mechanisms in BF, including national nutrition, food security and livelihood, protection cluster, and its sub-clusters framework and tools.
- Ensure the organisation of webinars, online platforms exchange among members of the national coordination mechanisms in BF, including national nutrition, food security and livelihood, protection cluster, and its sub-clusters on the PiiN framework and tools.
- Actively participate into internal and external technical coordination meetings and humanitarian advocacy when relevant.
Role and responsibilities
The PiiN project manager will ensure the field level implementation of the PiiN project and within AAH’s international network. He/she will lead the project management at country level while ensuring coordination at HQ and with the other pilot country (RDC) especially with the Nutrition and the MHPSS/Protection departments. He/she will liaise to the other departments on an ad-hoc basis.
Duration of contract and deadline
Deadline to achieve the outcomes: 1st April 2021 for 10 months full time. A detailed workplan with deliverables deadlines per results will be co-created during the first days of the consultancy.
Education: An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: human rights, psychology, sociology, international law, protection or another relevant social science field. Preference for MHPSS and protection.
· Minimum of 3 years demonstrable professional experience in managing, coordinating and implementing protection programmes including Child Protection in emergencies (CPiE) and/or GBV in Emergencies (GBViE), protection monitoring, or other similar expertise.
· Understanding of the overall humanitarian coordination architecture, how elements are inter-related and how to apply them to Protection, CP/GBV AoR coordination work;
· Knowledge and understanding of CP and the GBV AoR and information management, M and E and related tools and reporting frameworks.
· Knowledge and previous work in the field of mental health is a strong asset and advantage for this position.
· Having worked in the region is also an advantage.
· Language Requirements: Fluency in English and a French is required.
How to apply:
Please send your application with
cover letter explaining how you will handle this consultancy, (including the current/most recent employee)
financial proposal with daily fee in EUR, bearing in mind that the maximum daily fee for this consultancy is EUR 260 for 10 months. Applications without fees will not be accepted.
Please indicate as subject for the application email “Application for PIIN project coordinator” to the following addresses:
Cécile Bizouerne email@example.com
Laura Melchiade firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this is part of a three people team (1 project coordinator and 2 protection project managers). Interested candidates can present their candidacy as a team if they have the complementary competences and have previously worked together.
Deadline for application is the 5th of May included
Please note that the 5 months deployment might not be continuous and a workplan will be agreed upon with the line manager and supervisor
Apply to Job