HR BUSINESS PARTNER
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and fight with CARE.
75 years ago, a small group of Americans sent the world’s first CARE package on a ship across the Atlantic Ocean. They refused to stand on the sidelines while millions of Europeans faced starvation. Much has changed since World War II but CARE’s commitment to helping people has not.
Today CARE is a leader in global development. Care staff strengthen health in Honduras. Advance gender equity in Ethiopia. Reduce poverty in Pakistan. Mitigate climate change in Cote d’Ivoire. With an annual budget of $650 million and a global team of 6,000, CARE works in nearly 100 countries around the world to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice.
We know that CARE’s success depends on more than proven programs and creative ideas. It also requires great people. That’s why we’ve been adding people for 30 years. But to grow and thrive, our people need to be part of an strong team and feel valued. That’s where you come in.
Whether you call yourself an HR professional or a Business Partner, we need you to promote a fun and inclusive workplace. To ensure that employees learn and improve. Provide guidance on thorny personnel issues. Create competitive compensation packages.
- Develop strategy. You will translate our people goals into a concrete strategy for the teams you work with. Working with managers, you will forecast the number and type of staff CARE needs in the US.
- Build a culture based on our values. You will champion our organizational culture your client teams, striving to create a positive and productive workplace. One that values hard work, feedback and continuous improvement, inclusion and commitment.
- Promote learning. Identify training needs and opportunities for staff to hone their knowledge and skills – including in-service trainings, external conferences, workshops, and courses; and assignments to help staff stretch their skills and flex their creative muscles.
- Coach managers. Help managers learn how to best guide and motivate employees in your assigned teams. You will guide managers on how to address performance issues in ways that preserve employee dignity and promote productivity.
- Make sure we play by the rules. You will serve as the chief human resources compliance officer for your assigned teams. You will oversee internal and external audits and ensure reporting to relevant audiences. You will also incorporate human resources policies into the rhythms and work of US staff.
- Human resources acumen. You have at least 8 years of human resources experience, preferably in global organizations with offices in Americas, Africa, Middle East and/or Asia. Your experience is in a variety of areas, such as employee relations, compensation and benefits, engagement, career development and performance management. You have a basic understanding of US employment law.
- Problem solving skills – A natural detective, you can easily identify human resources needs and the resources to meet them. You are also adept at guiding managers towards solutions on human resources issues.
- Leadership skills. You have a track record of leading human resources initiatives and of managing change in a growing environment. Your knowledge and gravitas makes you a trusted partner to senior managers.
- Global organization experience. You have experience in an international company or NGO.
- Customer service skills. Like the acronym “HR,” our team is both human and resourceful. Your can-do spirit shifts the HR paradigm from “you can’t do that” to “yes we can.”
- Relationship Builder – you are comfortable building and nurturing relationships with people at all levels of the organization. You are a trusted thought partner to our senior leaders and a go-to person for our employees. You lean in with empathy when the situation calls for it and provide perspective and honest feedback when there is a need to course correct.
- Lives our values. You can thrive in our culture – you can demonstrate inclusion, integrity, innovation, quick footedness, collaboration, and accountability.
- Team player. You play well with others enjoy seeing the impact of our work as a team.
- Multitasks. You’re able to juggle multiple tasks at once while ‘staying calm and carrying on.’ You think strategically, handle ambiguity and work well in a multicultural environment
- University degree in Social Sciences or Business Administration (with emphasis on HR) or equivalent combination of relevant education and 5-7 year work experience.
- 3-5 years relevant experience (HR generalist).
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Customer centric approach and commitment.
How to apply:
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Apply to Job