Head of Operations DR Congo
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s values. To be dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable are attitudes and beliefs that shall guide our actions and relationships.
The NRC country programme in DRC encompasses four area offices in eastern and central DR Congo and implements five Core Competencies (ICLA, Shelter, WASH, Livelihoods & Food Security and Education), as well as a Rapid Response Programme. Project implementation is challenging in a context of uncertain access due to insecurity, geographical and infrastructure challenges as well as the particular risks of fraud that require additional controls to be put in place.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Accountable for holding Area Managers responsible for results and compliance with relevant NRC policies, guidance and procedures;
- Accountable for the implementation of programmes according to developed plans, budgets and set standards;
- Accountable for representation and good working relations with authorities, donors and partners as delegated;
- Line management responsibility: performance management and staff development of the country’s Area Managers assigned from CD;
- As a Country Management Group member contribute to the development and execution of country strategy;
- Ensure that country strategy is delivered and implemented in the Areas;
- Oversee the implementation of safety and security policies in Area Offices;
- In collaboration with the AMs, submit monthly project updates (project tracker) to Head of Programme (HoP) and CD, ensuring that forecasts are updated to take account of actual implementation.
- Ensure that data collection tools are being used and that beneficiary data is recorded in GORS on a timely basis.
- Ensure Area-level GRMs are held on a monthly basis and facilitate bi-monthly national GRMs.
- Alert CD, HoP and Head of Support (HoS)to possible delays/challenges to implementation and/or to budget utilisation.
- Act as primary link between AOs and other members of the CMG.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience from working as a Senior Manager in humanitarian/recovery context
- Documented/proven results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English and French, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the context in DR Congo
- Strategic thinking
- Managing resources to optimise results
- Initiating action and change
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
What we Offer
12 Months of full-time contract
A Competitive salary and benefits according to International staff terms and conditions, including contributions to a pension fund
Grade: 11 in NRC's grade structure
Duty station: Goma, DR Congo with 60% travel to the field
Start date : Mid June 2021
An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start!
How to apply:
To learn more on this role , please click on the link below
Apply to Job