Director of Programs and Quality Assurance
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
POSITION SUMMARY: Director of Program/Quality Assurance is responsible for researching, monitoring and evaluation, planning, developing and implementing an organization’s programs in line with the overall organizational strategy on empowering the local church to serve the most vulnerable.
- Director of Program and Quality Assurance implements programs by building the capacity, mentor and coach Church Empowerment and programs staffs.
- Director of Program and Quality Assurance leads a team of programs and church empowerment managers and ensure programs are easily integrated into a CEZ model and be able to oversee other program funded by public donors targeting communities and government ministries.
- Establish and nurture an open and effective communication within the organization to achieve a strong team spirit.
- Initiate and establish programs goals in consultation with the CD and HO technical team based on the organization strategic direction of empowering the local church to serve the most vulnerable.
- Together with the program team and M&E, elaborates a clear work plan with deadlines and milestones that are achievable and measurable.
- Giving special assistance in program implementation, Program quality assurance and program budget management.
- Within the framework of the gender Policy on Prevention and Response to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, program director has to declare to support a safer, conducive environment free from sexual harassment and abuse for staff and people WRB serves
- As one of the strategies of world Relief, he/she must actively promote and advance gender equality.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Proposal writing (30% of time)
- Be a focal point of contact for proposal coordination, designing, writing and implementation.
- Designing and proposing new programs initiatives that align with World Relief Burundi strategic direction in consultation with the CD, CE Manager, programs team and home office resource team depending on the type of the grant/funding opportunity.
- In collaboration with the CD and HO resource team, strive to increase financial cash flow by building local and overseas partnership opportunities.
- Recommend program review in the design of existing programs to ensure impact and ownership of programs at local church level and communities.
Program Leadership (20 % of time)
- Represent WRB to partners, government, and other organizations, especially when there is need to present significant program matters.
- Ensure staff are motivated to exercise integrity and stewardship in managing all resources entrusted to WRB.
- Champion the mission and reputation of WRB wherever possible, champion consistent excellence and high standards among staff.
- Achieve the objectives and targets established for all programs by providing technical support to Church Empowerment rand program team to do a quality program implementation to all the programs that have to be channeled into a Church Empowerment Zone
- Oversee all other programs that are implemented outside the Church Empowerment zone.
- Encourage Program coordinators/officers/CE to train and provide technical advice in the implementation process of the programs/CE activities to CEZ coordinators and promoters.
- Mentor all field staff and champion program integration to ensure ownership of programs at a local church level.
- In collaboration with Country Director, Finance and Operations assist Program team in financial and operation management
Monitoring and Evaluation of programs (20% of time)
- Work with M&E team to ensure data quality and reliable and consistent in reporting
- In collaboration with M&E manager provide feedback to program team on their performance and achievement
- Conduct monthly management meeting with key staff
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of all program budget to respond to the fiscal year objectives
- Establish program milestones and monitor adherence to plans and schedules
- In collaboration with M&E support in evaluations, monitor performance and suggest improvements
- Ensure that program operations and activities are consistent with legal guidelines and internal policies and all the spending meet the international accounting standard.
External program support (10% of time)
- Work with HO and/or regional technical team to efficient and effective implementation of programs according to the agreed donors’ policies/agreements.
- Network with other INGOs and government agencies in support of new projects / program development.
Communication (10% of time)
- Coordinate, assist and write quality reports and submit to CD for submission to HO, donors and the government of Burundi
Share relevant information, impact stories with photos from the beneficiaries with their consent with donors, visitors, churches, and other interested partners.
- Develop and implement an information management system for information sharing to all key stakeholders of WRB and HO.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, self-starter, proactive, and a good communicator.
- Conscientious, attentive to details, and able to handle multiple programs at the same time
- Be a Christian, role model and have a passion for the most vulnerable by empowering the local church to serve the most vulnerable
- Lead as an example demonstrated by a servant leadership spirit.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proactive problem solver
- Have University degree in relevant field with at least 3 years of experience from an International Organization in a similar position. A master’s degree is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of program life cycle, management and development procedures.
Be a Christian, role model and have a passion for the most vulnerable by empowering the local church to serve the most vulnerable
- Excellent computer skills in word, excel, and PowerPoint presentation
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- General office setting.
- Great lengths of time working on computer, reading from computer screen, entering information, standing at copier or fax machine, and some time on the phone or in skype meetings may be required.
- Year-end archiving activities involve repeated lifting and bending.
- Physical, emotional and intellectual demands
- Equipment used: Employee computer (desktop or laptop), printer, and copier.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all-inclusive and is always under review.
How to apply:
To apply, please see the job listing on World Relief's website.
Apply to Job