Digital Associate – Turkey
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
About the European Climate Foundation
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was founded in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help tackle climate change by fostering the development of a low-carbon society at the national, European and global level.
We support over 350 partner organisations to carry out activities that contribute to the public debate on climate action, drive urgent and ambitious policy in support of the objectives of the Paris Agreement and help deliver a socially responsible transition to a net-zero emissions economy and sustainable society in Europe and around the world.
As towns, cities and countries around the world declare climate emergencies, seas rise, forests burn, glaciers melt, increasing numbers of people take to the streets demanding urgent action and our societies begin to wake up to what the science has been saying for many years, there has never been a more important time to be working on climate change.
The ECF brings together diverse perspectives and backgrounds to find the best innovative solutions to tackle climate change. We are focusing on engaging and hiring great people from a wide diversity of backgrounds to strengthen the cause. If you share our values of respect, innovation, and collaboration, join us.
About the role
We are looking for a digital media associate, who is deeply knowledgeable of best practices in digital communications and is a creative innovator who enjoys designing and executing new approaches. The successful candidate will use social and digital media to build and sustain engagement with key audiences in Turkey on climate and energy issues. The role also involves providing technical advice to a wide array of partners on climate and energy issues in Turkey, including civil society organisations and grassroots or community groups. The ideal candidate enjoys strategic planning, designing and execution of highly engaging social and digital media campaigns.
This opportunity suits a digital communications professional, with 3- 5 years of experience, who is passionate about addressing climate change. We are looking for a professional who enjoys collaborations and partnerships, thrives trying new approaches, is open to feedback, takes initiative, and is solutions oriented.
- Create, implement and measure digital strategies to support Turkey team in its communication activities;
- Make full use of digital tools to disseminate and support the targeted messaging of the Turkey team and its partner organisations;
- Develop and manage social media accounts for the communication activities of Turkey team;
- Develop digital content to post on social media channels and share with partners;
- Conduct content testing to determine which messages drive engagement;
- Establish and maintain social listening mechanisms to monitor and analyse climate and energy debate in Turkey;
- Help gather data, analytics, and insights for campaigns;
- Technical support to partners on digital strategy development;
- Work with social media influencers.
Experience and competencies
- 3-5 years’ experience in in the field of digital communications and social media account management;
- A working knowledge of how digital and social media can be used for campaigns on social issues;
- A strong sense of story: which stories can affect and mobilise people
- Ability to understand complex technical topics and translate them into simple language
- Good knowledge of the Turkish social media scene
- Experience placing ad campaigns on Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn;
- Experience judging the success of and reporting on digital campaigns, ideally using social listening tools such as Keyhole or Talkwalker
- Track record of experimenting with new ways to communicate with a wide range of audiences (both mass and narrow targeting);
- Experienced in audience insights, segmentation and audience list management;
- Basic data literacy and an understanding of data-driven decision making;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in Turkish;
- Good working knowledge of English as the working language of the organisation;
- The versatile and adaptable skills necessary to flourish in a fast-paced and wide-ranging work environment and work across phone/video conferencing, time zones, Slack, email, Trello, etc.;
- The disposition to work generously with colleagues in a high-trust global community of peers;
- A commitment to an inclusive and empowering approach to facing climate change.
- An understanding of the creative content creation process is essential; direct experience in graphic design, photo and video editing and writing skills using tools such as Adobe Suite is a plus
- Experience creating and optimising websites, including for SEO
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to work as part of a dynamic, globally minded group of individuals who are passionate about the fight against climate change;
- A flexible work environment and the space to shape and continuously develop your role;
- Fixed term one-year consultancy contract (with the possibility of renewal thereafter)
Candidates must be located in Turkey, with the ability to travel to Istanbul occasionally for team meetings. We have a shared co-working space in Istanbul.
We will only consider candidates with the right to work in Turkey.
How to apply:
How to apply
Please upload your CV (maximum 2 pages) and cover letter, explaining why you would be suited to the role, here: https://cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/europeanclimate/jobs/digital_associate__turkey_13580/en/
All applications will be treated confidentially. We will store your information in our internal database unless you specifically request otherwise.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We strongly encourage candidates from historically disadvantaged or marginalised groups to apply.
Apply to Job