Citizen Journalist Program Manager
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Community Stabilisation Unit in Iraq and the Community
Stabilisation Project officer’s direct supervision, the incumbent will be responsible for implementing Citizen
Journalist Program, media training for Community Stabilization projects in Basra and Diyala. S/he will work in
close coordination with the field staff and other international officers. S/he will assist the Community
Stabilization Project Officer in the planning, developing and implementing the media literacy, citizen journalist
program, in addition to developing a Monitoring and Evaluation tool that determine the impact of those activities
on the communities in Basra and Diyala
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- The selected candidate shall submit a training outline/curriculum to IOM for approval.
- Develop a training package on film inscriptions, filming, and postproduction.
- Provide the necessary guidance to the beneficiaries on content creation and storytelling to ensure
cohesion between the project components and the Citizen Journalist program’s outcome.
- Ensure timely adjustments towards meeting the project outcomes effectively and efficiently and in line
with Citizen Journalist established methodologies.
- Matching beneficiaries stories with the latest trends and directions dictated by the industry and social
media platforms that are hosting these stories. In addition to connecting them to influencers, TV
presenters, radio presenters and professional reporters.
- Equipping the participants with good techniques to shape their narratives and tell impactful stories
about social cohesion and stigmatization.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with IOM and donor requirements, including guidelines, rules, and
regulations, including procurement and budget utilization.
- Conduct regular monitoring and evaluations reports of project activities, including impact evaluations.
- Provide Media training when needed for other program activities.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female
candidates are especially encouraged, as well as the internal and external candidates are eligible to
apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, the internal candidates are considered as
- Develop a training outline/curriculum to IOM for approval before starting the consultancy.
- Deliver 6 courses for 15 trainees for each, with a total of 90 beneficiaries in Basra and 4 courses for 15
trainees for each with total of 60 beneficiaries in Diyala.
- Build a platform that will enable the participants to make their stories and narratives visible in an
- Connect the program with local and regional news platforms and gateways such as AP, Reuters, BBC,
CNN, and AlJazeera to make sure the program stories are widely spread.
- Over the period of 6 months, physical presence in Iraq should be not less than 85 days in total.
- Provide 6 Monthly progress reports and one final report by the end of the program.
Master’s degree in Media, journalism, Digital Media or a related field from an accredited academic
institute with two years of relevant professional experience; or
University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
Experience with community stabilisation, media projects, social cohesion and/or development media
interventions in conflict and/or post-conflict settings (required);
Experience in building and developing effective Media training curriculums with government
authorities, other national/international institutions including NGOs (required);
Proven ability to supervise, train, and direct staff and manage operations in international contexts
Previous working experience in the Middle East region (required); experience with operations in Iraq
Fluency in English is required.
Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
Shares knowledge and experience.
Positive, constructive attitude.
Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a
minimum of comfort.
Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of
sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
How to apply:
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only
shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply to Job