Chief of party | Thailand | 2021
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the USAID Southeast Asia’s Smart Power Program (SEA-SPP). The Activity will advance economic growth and development in Southeast Asia through ensuring secure and market-driven energy sectors. The program aims to enhance energy security in Southeast Asia by creating open and transparent energy markets, promoting energy trade, and transforming the energy sector to improve access to clean, reliable, affordable energy. The Activity will support US climate priorities to enhance global action for near-term reductions in greenhouse gas emissions and net-zero global emissions by mid-century. SEA-SPP will focus on three objectives:
- Improve performance of energy utilities
- Increase deployment of advanced energy systems
- Enhance energy trade and integration
The chief of party position will be based in Bangkok, Thailand. We are looking for a highly capable professional with proven large USAID program management skills, power sector development knowledge and work experience in SEA. Prior USAID chief of party experience is plus as is extensive energy sector work in South-East Asia. The ideal candidate will have more than 15 years relevant experience, a desire to advance to clean energy systems and a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall program leadership, direction, and technical expertise
- Oversee all contractual and budgetary aspects of program management
- Professionally represent Chemonics to USAID, host-country governments, host-country counterparts, and other program stakeholders
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID on daily implementation and contract management
- Ensure that the work plan, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting efforts are aligned with contract requirements, program objectives, and USAID guidance; ensure the quality of deliverables and reports
- Monitor and, where necessary, modify program assistance to achieve results; ensure that relevant, productive, and complementary activities are implemented effectively
- Lead a diverse team of international and local experts to achieve program targets, produce deliverables, and nurture partnerships with key stakeholders, government counterparts, and other donors
- Advanced degree in energy policy, engineering, business, finance, economics, law, or relevant fields
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in managing energy sector projects and developing energy policy and regulations
- Minimum of five years of experience with large-scale renewable energy programs
- Experience managing and completing complex energy studies and analysis on various energy issues
- Experience serving as a liaison to government officials, donor organizations, and private sector companies
- Proven leadership ability, strategic vision, and experience managing large teams in culturally diverse settings
- Familiarity with Southeast Asia’s energy sector, including its key energy enterprises and reform
- Understanding of international development policies and USAID contract management experience
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
How to apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly submit your application to SEA-SPPRecruit@chemonics.com. Submission deadline is May 5, 2021. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Apply to Job