Capacity Building and M&E Specialist
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
ChildFund International (Childfund) invites qualified candidates to apply to the following position in a human rights project to provide sub-grants and capacity building activities to civil society and community-based organizations in Guatemala and in 2 additional Latin America and the Caribbean countries.
The project will benefit organizations and groups whose leadership and membership are mainly disenfranchised populations, e.g. religious minorities, women, LGBTI persons, persons with disabilities, racial and ethnic minorities, and indigenous communities.
The project will be funded by the Department of State of the United States Government. Issuance of employment contracts are subject to the award of the project by the donor agency.
· S/he will be responsible for leading the capacity building interventions of the project which will be targeted to community based and civil society organizations which serve disenfranchised populations in at least 3 countries of the LAC region.
· He/she will be responsible for designing and implementing systems to ensure appropriate tracking and assessment of all project activities; reporting on project outputs and outcomes and for ensuring quality of the data reported.
· S/he will lead the project’s learning, documentation and dissemination activities.
· S/he will have primary responsibility for representation of the project to stakeholders on capacity building and monitoring/evaluation activities.
· Approximate 20% of international travel time (depending on covid-19 travel restrictions).
· At least 10 years of working experience, with:
o at least 3 years providing technical leadership in capacity building activities for CBOs, local/national NGOs and local governments.
o at least 3 years providing technical leadership in monitoring and evaluation activities in donor-funded development programs.
Working experience with the donor entities of the US Government (e.g. USAID, Department of State, Department of Labor) will be preferred.
· Demonstrated experience in developing and managing monitoring and evaluation plans; data collection and quality assurance systems; and learning, documentation and dissemination activities. Experience and/or training in designing, implementing and monitoring/evaluating tools, methods and approaches for program monitoring and data quality assurance of sub-grantees to a USAID cooperative agreement.
· Training, experience and/or working knowledge on the following capacity building interventions:
o Organizational Capacity: Organizational Policies, Standard Operating Procedures, Standardized Processes, Risk Management, Fiscal Management & Budgeting, Organizational resilience; Strategic Planning
o Operational Capacity: Service and Supply Delivery, Capacity Assessments & Mapping
o Knowledge management: Information sharing & best practices about capacity improvements; Forum for involved organizations to share experiences
· Extensive experience working with sub-grantees and with field-based operations across multiple countries.
· A Bachelor’s degree (Licenciatura or equivalent) in public health, social sciences, social work, child development, education or related field. A Masters degree is desired but not required. **
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to apply:
Applications through link only
Apply to Job