NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Integrity is an ethical consultancy and service provider working in challenging and complex environments around the globe.
We help our clients succeed in fragile and challenging environments while building trust and understanding as the basis for transformative change. We work across all phases of the programme and project cycle, delivering eleven complementary services: monitoring, evaluation and learning / data and knowledge management / research, evidence and analysis / advisory / project management / communications / risk management / technical assistance / capability and capacity development / stakeholder engagement / grant and fund management. Our services are underpinned by the principles on which we were founded, a commitment to providing reliable information and evidence, and expert and high-quality delivery.
Headquartered in London and Washington DC, Integrity also has offices in Jordan, Kenya, and Pakistan. Our multi-national team deliver a diverse and global portfolio of projects for a range of government clients and international institutions including FCDO, USAID, US State Department and the World Bank.
Vision: Integrity sets the international standard for ethically delivered expert services complex and challenging contexts. Through our work, we transform conflict and build stability, accountability and prosperity.
Mission: Integrity is an international consultancy and ethical service provider. Based on evidence and learning, we help clients and communities to build trust and understanding as the basis for transformative change. We do not advocate: we listen, comprehend and recommend.
Commitment: Integrity upholds the highest ethical standards in our service delivery, our employment of staff and our interaction with people. Through adherence to our core values, we ensure not only that our clients receive the best possible service but that we benefit the individuals and communities amongst whom we work.
Further information about Integrity can be found at www.integrityglobal.com.
The Business Officer Scope of Work
The role will comprise of identifying and pursuing new project opportunities, maintaining account management systems and records, assist in managing Integrity’s consultant network, support logistical, compliance and commercial processes, project delivery, and the production of marketing and communications materials. The Business Officer will be managed primarily by a Business Manager but will work with the wider Business Team. The position is London-based with international travel as required.
Terms of Reference
The Business Officer role requires a reactive and energetic individual with strong writing, negotiation and people skills. The right individual would combine the drive to compete for and win large-scale contracts with the emotional intelligence required to work across different teams, geographies and cultures.
A. Business Development (55%)
- Support the delivery of Integrity’s Business Development (BD) strategy by working as a core member of the Business Team and coordinating closely with team members in our international offices and also with Integrity’s Services, Operations, and Finance Teams.
- Help grow and manage a company-wide BD pipeline, in line with geographical, thematic, and technical strategies, that enables us to deliver company-wide financial targets on a quarterly basis.
- Identify, scope and upload opportunities, aligned to Integrity’s core areas of focus, on to our internal knowledge management systems.
- Support identification and management of new accounts, ensuring relevant information is captured accurately on internal databases.
- Support company-wide prepositioning and proposal development, including competitor mapping, consortium selection and engagement, brand and messaging, teaming, development of track record documents, financials and compliance documentation. There may be opportunities to specialise in certain regions, or thematic areas.
- Contribute written sections in technical proposals and support the development of commercial proposals.
- Provide administrative support to Integrity’s awarded framework contracts, including tracking and uploading call-down opportunities into the system and managing communications on call-downs internally and externally (including with partner organisations and clients). In time, manage specific framework relationships for the company.
B. Bid Recruitment (30%)
- Identify and recruit team members for key bid and proposal processes, including but not limited supporting the definition of roles and level of effort.
- Project-specific consultant CV design and tailoring.
- Quality assure the registration of new consultants on Integrity’s consultant bench.
- Support consultant management systems, processes and strategy.
C. Marketing and Communication (15%)
- Support the production of corporate marketing materials, including news items for the Integrity website and social media channels.
- Compile and update relevant track records for use in BD and corporate marketing materials.
- Assist in formatting and copy-edit job adverts, as well as publishing on the company website and external online platforms.
D. Other (15%)
- Support the implementation of framework call-down projects, ensuring successful and compliant delivery of these assignments.
- Undertake, where possible, junior researcher roles on projects based on relevant technical skills.
Your Experience and Expertise
The ideal candidate will have:
- Academic background: BA or MA in International Relations, Economy, Political Science is an asset
- Desire to work on the business side of the company – building relationships with individuals and organisations.
- Drive to continuously develop from proposal to proposal.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality written products, such as essays, articles, blogs, etc.
- An interest in the subject matter of Integrity’s work.
- Excellent time management.
- A team player approach with a positive attitude, willingness to both learn from others and lead others.
- Written and oral fluency in English to native standard is essential. Other relevant and desirable languages are Arabic, French, Spanish, Urdu and Swahili.
The Business Officer should also demonstrate the following:
- The ability to operate calmly under pressure.
- A considered, methodical, and intelligent approach to problem-solving.
- Clear sense of integrity and respect for others and empathy for cultural diversity, challenges, and environments.
- Work effectively alone and as part of a team to a common goal or outcome.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form at www.integrityglobal.com/apply and attach a CV and Cover Letter at the bottom of your application.
The closing date for applications is 14th May 2020. However, we will review candidates on a rolling basis and the vacancy may be filled before this deadline. We encourage early applications. Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Integrity is an equal opportunities employer. And positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We will respect your confidentiality and abide by UK data protection laws.*
Apply to Job