BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE MANAGER
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and fight with CARE.
CARE is looking for a Business Intelligence (BI) Senior Manager to be a part of our Digital Technology team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about user-centered design, research principles & methodologies. A strong candidate will have experience in leveraging these skills to solve and meet the needs of a Not for Profit organization, and the ability to increase funding for future programs/projects.
- Reporting and visualization
- Design new dashboards and reports working with business users with attention on usability and performance
- Develop data models/marts in Power BI and to support the reporting needs
- Responsible for developing DAX queries in complex Power BI reports and providing a simplified end user experience
- Work on developing reports using Import and Direct query, sourcing data from multiple data sources
- Work with Data engineers and DB teams to collaboratively work to design the most efficient manner for sourcing and aggregating metrics and measures used in the reports
- Create visualizations using both PBI standard and Custom visuals, widgets to create rich content for business teams
- Develop Power BI data flows to transform and modify data, if necessary.
- UI/UX designer
- Work with UI/UX designer to create detailed report designs as per the wireframes designed working with end users
- Collaborate closely with product managers, designers, and engineers to understand short-term & long-term product needs
- Participate in usability research and user testing to guide and validate design decisions
- Collaborate with report development team to provide feedback and guidance to development team and adjust designs as needed
- Work closely with other designers to ensure all designs meet usability standards and user experience best practices; apply design principles to create highly quality report and visualizations
- Collaborate with program teams to ensure visual execution meets the strategic objectives and business goals
- Develop report mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and help publish on CARE Shares
- User and Power BI platform management
- Responsible for User access management using Azure AD and PBI workspace management to grant access for Internal and External report sharing
- Responsible for Power BI platform administration for ensuring the platform is optimized for managing usage, including Premium capacity management and performance, environment setup for development/production configuration
- Work with CARE security, infrastructure, CARE Shares (Share Point) and regulatory teams to be compliant with GDPR and other country specific data policies for secure data management and sharing
- Work with application support team in doing root cause analysis, resolutions and collaborate in developing solutions working with the data engineer, developers, cloud service administrators
- Develop standards, best practices, training, comfortable doing Webinar and managing Community of Practice for knowledge management related to Analytics and data visualization, specifically Power BI
- Bachelor's degree in data science and analytics or equivalent.
- 5+ years of hands on experience programming on Reporting and visualization platform such as Power BI, MicroStrategy or Business Objects.
- 6+ years of experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) - Datawarehouse and BI projects.
- 1-2 years of hands on data modeling experience . Experience working and supporting BI using Power BI or similar technologies.
- Previous experience with Relational Databases (RDBMS) & Non- Relational Database.
- Previous experience in implementation of ETL applications, Data warehousing principles, architecture and its implementation in large environments.
- Analytical and problem solving experience applied to a Big Data environment.
- Excellent query writing skill and communication skills.
How to apply:
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Apply to Job