Business Development Advisor – Cairo, Egypt
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
From the northern Delta region to the southern Upper Egypt region, from refugee communities to vulnerable host communities, Tdh provides support to children, youth, family/caregiver and communities while working on capacities development of key local – formal and informal – actors. Over the decades, Tdh - one of the Child Protection leading agency in Egypt - has developed specific expertise in Migration, Access to Justice (A2J) and Child Labor (CL) - this latter mainly in link with Eradication of Violence Against Children (EVAC) via projects implemented through direct implementation – via centres and mobile units - and local partners.
The Business Development Advisor, in coordination with the Country Representative, the Coordinators and the Managers, is providing strategic directions, lead resource mobilization efforts and support the diversification of revenue from donors by writing high-quality projects’ documents (concept notes and proposals as well as progress and final reports) and ensuring compliance with Tdh and donors’ regulations to achieve Tdh strategic objectives in Egypt.
Under the overall supervision of and with the support of the Country Representative, the Business Development Advisor will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Be the focal point for all questions related to donors’ compliance and standards. For this purpose, s/he is responsible to read, understand and explain donors’ guidelines to Tdh Egypt delegation.
- For all new donor, organise session(s) with the Coordination Management Team aiming to disseminate and to discuss the new donor’ guidelines, in conjunction with Tdh’ specificities.
- Contribute actively to strengthen the capacity of field staff and local partners on donors’ rules, by organizing working sessions and providing regular follow-up support on sub-grants procedures and other related topics as needed.
Fundraising and donor relations
- Actively identify grant opportunities in line with Tdh Egypt strategy and close coordination with Programme Coordinator, Support Services Coordinator, Field Representative and M&E Manager.
- Produce and regularly update a comprehensive mapping of all donor opportunities (by sector and geography) in Egypt.
- Develop the Fundraising Plan to operationalize the resource mobilization strategy of Tdh in Egypt.
- Facilitate positive relationships with Tdh delegation’s donors in the country, ensuring timely communication, resolving any potential issues and attending to ad-hoc requests.
- Ensure Tdh representation and assist the Country Representative in representing the organization locally to donors, NGOs, International Organizations.
- Ensure her/his registration on key national, regional and international platforms, mailing lists, etc., aiming to monitor calls’ launching for the MENA region.
- Develop the retro-planning of documents’ development to always ensure internal deadlines are observed, and to share it with all the involved persons.
- Support the development of concept notes and proposals as needed, by collecting and compiling inputs from programme staff, HQ and partners (if relevant) and through the provision of technical guidance in respect to donor requirements and by being responsible for the writing of the documents.
- Support the development of delegation strategic documents.
- Provide the needed information to the Communication to develop projects’ communication material.
- Support the organisation, and co-facilitate, all Project Cycle milestones exercises such as design, kick-off, projects quarterly review and exit workshops.
- Support in the identification of international and local partners that adhere to Tdh partnership principles and strategic directions.
- Keep up-to-date the Tdh’ Funding Reporting Database document, and share it with the CMT and the zone at HQ, monthly.
- In collaboration with the Programme Coordinator, establish effective systems to ensure timely reporting to donors and support other program staff in understanding donors' requirements.
- Coordinate grants' reporting with other departments to develop high-quality, well-written, accurate and timely narrative reports, meeting donors and Tdh requirements.
- Coordinate yearly internal reporting with the other departments to develop high-quality, well-written, accurate and timely reports to be sent to HQ.
- Responsible to collect all relevant signatures – within the delegation and from HQ - for all official documents related to grants.
- Before donors’ visit, as well as audits, to verify that involved folders are complete and compliant with donors and Tdh’ documentation policies.
- Ensure quality information management related to ongoing grants by keeping up-to-date a soft version of a dedicated folder for each grant on SharePoint.
- Keep up-to-date Tdh MENA Visibility Table and share it with CMT regularly.
Any other business
Undertake all other duties that may be determined by Country Representative and that are compatible with the job.
Requirements for the position
Education / Qualifications: University degree (Bachelor or Master), preferably in humanitarian aid/development, international affairs or other relevant fields
- · 5 years of relevant working experience, preferably with INGOs, and at least three years in resource mobilisation in the development sector
- · Previous experience working on reports, proposals and sub-grants with UN, US and EU donors
- · Demonstrated track record of writing project proposals and obtaining grant funding for development projects from institutional donors
Experience in working with children and communities and managing child-related program and projects would be an advantage
Languages: Excellent oral, writing and editorial skills in English and Arabic
Knowledge and skills
· Strong knowledge of report writing and programme design, including logical frameworks
· Knowledge of the various donors' interests, priorities and requirements;
· Good knowledge of Project Cycle Management
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines;
· Advanced negotiating skills;
· Proven strategic relationship management skills;
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, culturally sensitive and adaptable;
· Transparency and accountability;
· High level of computer proficiency.
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies:
Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
How to apply:
Don’t hesitate to send your CV and cover letter to us at Egy.Recruitment@tdh.ch
The subject of Email: BDA -Cairo
Deadline to submit: 29 of April, 2021 - 11:59 PM (Cairo time)
Apply to Job