Agriculture Support Staff / Syria - Azaz
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
VACANCY REFERANCE: ASS - 014
The position holder will directly report to the Project officer. The position will be based in Syria and responsible for implementation of Agriculture component of project.
Duties and responsibility:
with support from Project officer (Agriculture), the agriculture Support Staff will:
· Ensure coordination with local council, local agriculture department and other Humanitarian actors present in Azaz to support in finalization of the beneficiary targeting criteria and process.
· Identify and finalize agriculture component beneficiaries. Ensure strong community mobilization throughout the project life.
· Follow the technological processes for sowing crops and the growing of the seedlings of vegetables. Ensure farmers are supported to plan and implement the agriculture activities. Follow up with the farmers on regular basis.
· Closely interact with various stakeholders to ensure better agriculture practices are adopted and the crop yield is improved.
· Collect data on production and productivity, involvement of male and female farmers in management and marketing of products etc.
· Ensure to uphold the technical standards of quality and accountability including Core Humanitarian standards, and mainstreaming gender and protection.
· Ensure the submission of weekly reports.
· Maintain a systematic filing system that would ensure safe keeping of distribution and warehouse records.
Personal Specification (Experience / Education/Skills- Essential):
· University degree in Agriculture or related field of study
· Minimum 1 years of related experience.
· Understanding – and ideally prior experience – of livelihoods concepts and programming.
Arabic (written and spoken) is a must. English will be additional benefit.
· Very Good computer skills.
How to apply:
· If you are reliable, service minded, discreet, and dedicated and a highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and beliefs, please apply by completing the application form from the following link and you may send your CV to Syria.Mission@islamic-relief.com.tr before the closing date.
· Interested applicants that possess the personal specifications mentioned above may apply by completing the job application on the following link before 4th May 2021 at 5:00 pm. You may send your CV to Syria.Mission@islamic-relief.com.tr before the closing date.
Please complete all the fields in the application link and submit it before the deadline, as any incomplete or late application will be refused as The CV alone in not acceptable
Submitting this application does not represent any responsibility on the organization of any kind, and the organization has the right to set standards as it deems appropriate for the job according to the information available about all applicants, and to select candidates who will attend a job interview from among the applicants in accordance with those standards.
If you have any query regarding the application, please send it to Syria.Mission@islamic-relief.com.tr
Apply to Job