Advisor (m/f/d) for Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation in Erbil, Iraq
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
We are looking for a PM&E Advisor (m/f/d) in Erbil, with extensive travel within Northern Iraq, starting from June 2021.
Who we are
forumZFD supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence. forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany as well as eleven other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates civil peace policy. forumZFD is recognised by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
We offer an attractive position with responsibilities for a minimum of two to three years (with the option of extension) in a growing organization. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at forumZFD’s Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course. The position is remunerated according to the provisions of German Development Aid Workers Act (EhfG), including comprehensive social security benefits.
Working for forumZFD, you will be engaged within the innovative field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding through contributing your ideas and skills.
Tasks and responsibilities
As a PM&E Advisor, you will support and assist the forumZFD Iraq management to set up its programme, the PM&E structures within forumZFD and partner organisations, conduct assessments and analyses based on programme needs.
The PM&E Advisor works under the direct supervision of the Country Director Iraq (his/her line manager) in close cooperation with the PM&E Manager at the head office. The PM&E Advisor generally works under the provision of the German Development Aid Contract, which covers all relevant benefits and insurances.
Your main tasks include supporting the forumZFD Iraq team and the partners in the implementation of PM&E activities, e.g. facilitating and documenting annual planning workshops, further developing the monitoring system on programme- and project level, developing indicators, supporting project staff in strategic and operational planning processes, etc. In addition, you will be responsible to develop, implement and coordinate monitoring processes at programme- and project levels; ensure regular data collection, analysis and reflection on it; design tailored M&E tools and organise regular PM&E programme-related meetings. You conduct regular monitoring to project's interventions to insure the quality delivery of inputs and contribute for generating expected results.
Specific tasks include:
Develop and implement PM&E plans to generate regular information related to the progress of the projects;
Prepare monitoring field visit plans and conduct monitoring visits as and when required, together with the project managers and officers;
Conduct and review field level assessment reports, baseline studies and evaluation reports;
Ensure that reports from partners/consultants are complete and meet the quality requirements;
Support and train in conflict and gender sensitive planning and implementation, in qualitative and quantitative data collection, data evaluation, analysis and interpretation;
Support the further elaboration of forumZFD´s PM&E system, being part of a virtual PM&E team, including frequent online exchanges and twice a year physical meetings (abroad).
- Advanced university degree and a minimum of 3-years professional experience in a humanitarian and/or development organisation in designing, implementing and overseeing PM&E processes
- Experience in working abroad, preferably in a post-conflict context; regional knowledge of the Iraqi context is a bonus;
- Profound knowledge in working with systemic approaches to PM&E in the area of peacebuilding and conflict transformation preferably with Systemic Conflict Analysis, Do-no-Harm and Outcome Mapping; experience with results-based M&E is appreciated;
- Experience in training and capacity building related to PM&E and organisational development as well as in organizing and facilitating workshops;
- Practical professional experience in the field of project evaluation, review and designing and conducting systemic context and conflict analyses/assessments;
- Proven intercultural skills in addition to experience working and communicating in a team with diverse backgrounds;
- Psycho-social capabilities and awareness working with traumatised participants; resilience and high frustration tolerance is needed;
- Fluent English (project language) spoken and written is expected, German, Arabic and/or Kurdish is an asset;
- Willingness to undertake frequent trips to the destroyed and disputed areas in Ninewa Governorate, including trips lasting several days 30-50%;
- Sound IT skills (Office applications and presentation skills);
- Driving license and experience;
Start of assignment
Ideally, you are available to start working in June 2021 (preparation courses, followed by at least three years contract with the option of extension).
Please note that this vacancy is not suitable for family postings.
How to apply:
Please apply online at https://www.forumzfd.de/en/jobs (letter of motivation and CV) via the application form latest by 3rd of May 2021.
An online selection process is planned to be scheduled for mid-May 2021. In case of any questions, please feel free to contact Mrs. Anneli Droste at droste@forumZFD.de.
Please find further information about our organisation and our assignments online at www.forumZFD.de. This job advertisement as well as further employment postings can be viewed at www.forumZFD.de/jobs.
We are looking forward to your application!
Apply to Job