Administrative Assistant – Organisational Management Group
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
About the European Climate Foundation
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) is a major philanthropic initiative working to help tackle the climate crisis by fostering the development of a net-zero emission society at the national, European and global level.
We support over 300 partner organisations to carry out activities that drive urgent and ambitious policy in support of the objectives of the Paris Agreement, contribute to the public debate on climate action and help deliver a socially responsible transition to a net-zero economy and sustainable society in Europe and around the world.
The ECF is brings together diverse perspectives and backgrounds to find the best innovative solutions to tackle climate change. We are focusing on engaging and hiring great people from a wide diversity of backgrounds to strengthen the cause. If you share our values of respect, innovation, and collaboration, join us.
Context of the role
Over the last 18 months, ECF has grown significantly. An organisation-wide strategy refresh has led to increased levels of funding which in turn has enabled programmatic expansion and hiring of new staff. ECF has grown rapidly and is now a mid-sized organisation with more complex processes.
This new role is designed to provide administrative support to the three members of the CEO’s management team who are tasked with ECF’s Organisational Management – Chief of Staff, Chief Operating Officer, Executive Director Strategic Partnerships. The administrative assistant will run the Organisational Management secretariat and provide support to the CoS, COO and ED SP in matters related to their Organisational Management duties. The role requires a high level of administrative coordination with other teams including the CEO office, the Operations teams including Finance, HR, MEL, Grants Hub; the Strategic Partnerships and Programme teams.
This role will suit a candidate who wishes to advance their administrative career.
The postholder will run the Organisational Management secretariat with responsibility for scheduling internal meetings, communication of agendas, taking minutes/notes. This is a part-time role with a high level of coordination across the ECF.
Key Organisational Management Administrative assistant responsibilities:
- Schedule Organisation Management group meetings as requested by CoS, COO, ED SP
- Schedule additional meetings for CoS, COO, ED SP related to their Organisational Management responsibilities, as requested
- Collates and shares meeting agendas, take minutes
- Books travel for Organisation Management group
- Processes expenses for Organisation Management group
- Coordinates closely with CEO office, various operations teams, Communications, Strategic Partnerships and programme teams.
Experience and competencies
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a busy administrative environment. This post might suit a candidate wishing to balance work with study or other commitments.
The following attributes are sought by applicants:
- Proficient in suite of MS packages
- Comfortable with Zoom, Doodle, Slack, Whatsapp and other day-to-day informal communication applications
- Willingness to learn and navigate applications used for managing ECF processes including the grantmaking system and planning and monitoring system and other integrated systems such as the funder database.
- Excellent command of written and oral business English, other European languages (particularly French) an asset
- Enjoys administrative and organisational work
- Discreet, patient
- Experience of working with management with dual or multiple reporting lines
- Highly efficient, enjoys complexity and capable of managing workload and priorities
- Comfortable with working remotely
What we offer
- An excellent opportunity to develop administrative expertise;
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
- A part-time permanent contract.
Paris or Brussels
Candidates need to be in the possession of a work permit for the work location.
As soon as possible.
How to apply:
How to apply
Please upload your CV and cover letter (both in English) at this link: https://cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/europeanclimate/jobs/administrative_assistant__organisational_management_group_13578/en/
All applications will be treated confidentially. We will store your information in our internal database unless you specifically request otherwise.
Apply to Job