ACT Alliance Climate Advocacy Consultant
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Start date: As soon as possible from 1st May
About ACT Alliance
ACT Alliance is a coalition of more than 155 churches and affiliated organizations working together to create positive and sustainable change in the lives of poor and marginalized people. ACT Alliance is globally supporting 30,000 staff from member organizations. It mobilizes about 6 million USD for its work each year in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region in 3 areas: humanitarian assistance, development and advocacy. ACT Alliance is deeply committed to its members and their work in the region. For more details about the general work of ACT, please refer to http://www.actalliance.org/ Since its inception, advocacy has been one of the ACT Alliance’s key functions. Advocacy lies at the heart of influencing both downstream and upstream decisions that affect Climate Change.
To strengthen the advocacy function further across the membership, The ACT Alliance has embarked on an initiative to systematize its advocacy work in the MENA region amongst members. Over the past few years, this has included Climate trainings, Climate dialogues and developing national level advocacy messages. Membership capacity building is a vital component of this initiative, through workshops to train members around the world on strategic advocacy, utilising the wealth of knowledge present as well as additional approaches and techniques.
1. Major functions summary
This work will involve the production of training materials and facilitation in four countries via 2 half-day trainings. The training materials should be anchored in the country context and within the ACT Alliance Global Climate strategy. The Advocacy training workshops are planned as 2 half-day workshops to train participants on the fundamentals of Climate Advocacy and how to outwork their advocacy goals, and some of the key cross-cutting issues for advocacy addressed therein (e.g., monitoring and evaluating advocacy; securing and building relationships and partnerships for advocacy, etc.).
The workshops will provide participants with an opportunity to learn skills for designing and implementing a structured advocacy strategy, including:
· Reviewing their forums defines advocacy priorities.
· Setting measurable objectives.
· Mapping target audiences.
· Working in partnerships for advocacy.
· Monitoring and evaluating advocacy.
The workshops will be extremely practical, giving participants the chance to apply the planning approaches to their advocacy points created before the training. They should be able to leave the training with a draft forum plan for climate advocacy.
During the contract period the Consultant will be provided with inputs into the preparation of materials and agenda for trainings and will also liaise with the regional office and Community of Practice lead to ensure all necessary logistics are in place for the workshops and that members are available to participate.
2. Final product/deliverables
· Deliver draft agenda for trainings after discussion with designated focal points.
· Develop draft training materials.
· Deliver four online trainings that are 2 half days in Jordan, Palestine, Lebanon and Egypt.
· Write 5 to 8-page sub-regional report focused on the advocacy plan agreed by members.
Training materials to be submitted by end of May with Training taking place from July-August 2021, based on Consultant and members’ feedback.
· Based in the MENA Region.
· Strong training and facilitation skills.
· Good interpersonal skills, with ability to network and liaise in a multicultural environment.
· Good organizational skills, time management, attention to detail, and self-motivation.
· Fluent English and strength\interest in writing,
· Fluency in Arabic is a very strong asset.
· Very good written and oral communication skills.
· Experience and/or strong understanding of Climate Advocacy at national, regional and global levels in the MENA region.
· Experience with national governmental processes in Jordan, Palestine, Lebanon and Egypt or ability to connect with those who have it.
· Ability to conduct interactive trainings online via zoom.
· Willingness to agree to and sign the ACT Alliance Code of Conduct.
How to apply:
Tender process: Only registered consultants or companies shall be considered. Qualified and interested parties should send their tender application in English and by email only, to email@example.com. Please put “**Climate Advocacy Consultant – Name**” in the subject line. Deadline for submissions: May 1st, 2021
In your tender, please include:**
· Cover letter (expression of Interest, including availability and time estimation for each deliverable).
· CV of the consultant.
· Financial offer: gross daily rate for the consultancy in USD, EURO or CHF - including administrative overheads, taxes and charges. (The consultancy is expected to require 14 work-days).
· Justification of consultancy or company registration.
· Samples of / or links to previous consultancy work completed.
· List of 3 professional reference persons.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Apply to Job