Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Position: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager, Sri Lanka**
Employer: Justice Education Society of British Columbia (JES)
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Status: Full-time position (5 years)
Application Deadline: March 12th, 2021 at 4:00 pm (PST)
Start Date: (TBD) – conditional upon funding**
** This position is contingent on funding.
JUSTICE EDUCATION SOCIETY (JES)
The Justice Education Society of British Columbia (JES) is a non-profit organization with over 30 years of experience providing public legal education and justice system capacity building in Canada and overseas. In Canada, JES helps more than 700,000 British Columbians learn about our justice system and address their legal issues. Internationally, JES has programs in Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Panama and Guyana which work with national institutions to strengthen justice systems, access to justice and citizen security. JES has offices in Canada, Guatemala, Honduras and Guyana and diverse sources of funding including donors and provincial, federal and overseas governments. More information on JES is available at: www.JusticeEducation.ca.
JES is seeking an experienced and qualified Monitoring & Evaluation Manager to support the Sri Lanka Chief of Party (COP) in planning, implementing, and monitoring activities for a five-year USAID-funded project: Efficient and Effective Justice Activity in Sri Lanka. The project will support improvements to the justice system in Sri Lanka by introducing and strengthening the features of well-functioning and modern justice systems while strengthening the relevant institutions and actors to meet international standards for the rule of law and justice.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Manager will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of the program’s monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities and data reporting requirement to ensure that all M&E requirements are fulfilled to achieve the best results. This individual will serve as the liaison for USAID on M&E matters, as well as any external evaluation contractor throughout the life cycle of the project.
This position reports to the Chief of Party (COP) and works closely with the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) and the JES Head Office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement and manage M&E systems and processes for the project (i.e. monitoring and evaluation plan (PMEP) in coordination with the Chief of Party.
- Design M&E tools and processes to monitor project progress, with a particular focus on the project outcomes; identify activity indicators to be tracked, source of data, method and schedule of data collection, known data limitations, and planned actions to address the limitations.
- Timely collection, verification, and analysis of data for all program indicators, and their timely delivery for required reports to USAID and JES headquarters.
- Supervise timely and accurate reporting of quantitative and qualitative data by program implementing partners, in cooperation with other program staff.
- Validate data from program partners and staff, including through field monitoring visits.
- Design/update data collection instruments, schedules, analysis methods, and applied technologies.
- Develop a Performance Management and Learning Task Schedule that includes routine tasks such as data collection, evaluation design, and reporting of results.
- Identify any special studies, assessments and surveys that will be conducted as part of monitoring and evaluation of the project.
- Manage and build the capacity of local staff to assist in data collection and M&E reporting.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, economics, international development, evaluation research, statistics, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of civil society programs; including experience and/or technical knowledge in the design and management of development projects.
- Strong knowledge and experience in implementing results-based management, logic models, and performance frameworks.
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills; ability to collect data among a large number of partners, including institutional staff and project staff. Ability to train a staff and other participants in all M&E aspects.
- Experience managing and implementing M&E systems on a USAID-funded or other donor project pertaining to technical and organization capacity development, similar in scope.
- Knowledge of USAID regulations, policies, and procedures or those of an equivalently international government funding organization.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Fluency in Sinhala and/or Tamil.
- Must have Sri Lankan residency or citizenship, or ability to work in Sri Lanka.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “**Monitoring & Evaluation Manager**” in the subject line.
Deadline for reception of applications**:** March 12th, 2021 at 4:00 pm (PST).
JES offers a competitive compensation package.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted with shortlisted candidates between March 15th and March 20th, 2021.
Apply to Job