WASH Consultant for ZOA/CDN in Myanmar
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
CDN (Consortium of Dutch NGO's) has a MoU signed with Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation in Myanmar and is part of ZOA, an international NGO with its head office based in The Netherlands. ZOA provides RELIEF to people affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA contributes to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities, ZOA works on the RECOVERY of their livelihoods.
(International & strong national candidates will also be considered)
Purpose of the position
The WASH Consultant plays an important role in the WASH component of a multi-sector emergency response which is being implemented by CDN/ZOA in Rakhine State and addresses the needs of newly displaced persons in Sittwe and Kyauktaw townships. Project activities include the provision of sanitation facilities; enabling access to safe water; and life-saving hygiene promotion.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Support WASH staff remotely and on-site to achieve the outcome of the project, in compliance with project specifications, allocated budgets, quality standards and timeframes - this includes the development of work plans and reporting.
- Conduct site needs assessments and determine appropriate WASH responses.
- Select contractors for engineering works, and manage related administration.
- Monitor and evaluate activities.
- Analyse and interpret activity results, identify negative and positive impacts, challenges and lessons learnt; and where appropriate take corrective action.
- Collect evidence of activity implementation, and document project progress, challenges and risks in ZOA Manager (full training will be given).
- Support CDN engineers to design WASH infrastructure and calculate BoQs for latrines, rainwater collection tanks, bathing and hand-washing stations and any other infrastructure.
- Act as technical advisor to partners for WASH infrastructure through trainings and monitoring.
- Support development of concept notes and proposals.
- Maintain and enhance positive relations with the donor, partner organisations and key government departments.
- Support field visits of donors, government representatives, consultants, CDN/ZOA international and national staff.
- Representation in sector fora and meetings as required.
Required Experience and Skills
- Engineering or WASH in emergencies relevant degree.
- Proficiency in AUTOCAD essential, SketchUp desired.
- WASH experience in an INGO (preferably in Rakhine).
- Ability to deliver high-quality work in a high-pressure environment on time.
- Excellent planning and management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills, interpersonal skills, and sound judgment.
- Experience mobilizing communities.
- Strong IT skills, including MS Office-Word and Excel.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
Required Personal Qualities
- Willingness and capacity to work and travel in the field including overnight.
- Honest, patient, adaptable.
Application deadline: 28 February 2021
Employment Type: 3 Months (renewable based on funding and performance)
Position Start: as soon as possible
Position Location: Sittwe – with travel in Rakhine State
How to apply:
Please note this post is open to international candidates only, who are already in Myanmar and possess a valid visa. The post will be based in Sittwe with frequent travel within Sittwe and Kyauktaw townships.
Please send CV and cover letter in English, and two references by email to email@example.com (please include the reference WASH Consultant in the subject line) or submit a comprehensive application to CDN Sittwe office: No.K (36-262) North Sanpya, Myo Le Street, Pyi Taw Thar Qtr, Sittwe or CDN Kyauktaw office: No (PaTa/13) U Aung Zan Wai Street, Pyi Taw Thar Quarter, Kyauk Taw Township.
The closing date for applications is 28 February 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis, the position may be filled before the deadline
Apply to Job