Truck and compactor Driver, Azraq Camp
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
World vision International
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950& operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position Title: Truck and compactor Driver, Azraq Camp
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via below website, only applications submitted via our website are accepted
· This position will support Green Center operations for WVJ SWM programme implemented in Azraq Camp under the direct management of the Green Center Supervisor and the Senior Project Coordinator.
· The purpose of the position is to ensure the trucks in the camp are driven by professional drives to collect and remove solid waste from the camp.
· Ensure daily SW collection in the camp and removal to the designated landfill/other destination assigned by line manger
· The position requires ability and willingness to work in Azraq Refugee Camp in the solid waste field The job holder may be required to work on official holidays and Fridays on a shift
· The position requires 6 day working schedule
· Perform other duties including IBVS performance monitoring when required
- Ensure daily SW collection in the camp and removal to the designated landfill/other destination assigned by the Supervisor,
Complete daily inspection of vehicles and notify supervisor immediately of any faults, repairs, problems or other matters concerning vehicle operations which require attention
· Make sure to start collection operations from 7:30 am daily to 3:30pm (except Fridays) in the camp
· To drive the vehicle as instructed with good care and attention;
· To check and report daily on the condition of the trucks and the road conditions in the camp that might affect the operations;
· Report any accidents or issues affecting the security and operations immediately to the Supervisor;
· Report all details related to the operation during the collection tour in efficient way by monitoring the camp conditions.
· Monitor IBV’s attendance and performance on daily basis as per the assigned schedule.
· Work Closely with Liter picking component to achieve efficient results by supporting the removal of collected waste
· To maintain trucks in a good operational conditions, clean and ready for use daily;
· To do the required maintenance for the Trucks under supervisor’s instructions, thus requires jobholder’s presence on weekends, holidays and after working daily hours when needed.
· To ensure that all relevant policies and procedures on road and traffic safety and driving standards in and outside of the camp are adhered to at all times as per the camp SoPs and Jordan traffic regulations/laws;
· Make sure the collection of the SW from the designated areas are happening as per the assigned schedule and required quality, the drums are handled by the collectors in a responsive way
Record details of trucks movement in and outside of the camp as per the required form; To complete the vehicle logbook for each trip made, on departure and arrival in addition to the other required forms re the quality and the quantity of the SW collection and removal
Establish and maintain a constructive collaboration with the project team and IBVs in the camp and other stakeholders in and outside of the camp; Positive and constructive collaboration is established with WVJ staff and IVBs in the Green Center; Assistance in troubleshooting potential problems during daily business
Any task assigned by the supervisor; Operations are ongoing in the fields on weekends and holidays, thus it requires the job holder presence on weekends and holidays on a shift
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
· At least 3 years of previous experience as a driver
· Driving license of 5th of 6th category
- Willingness to learn fast and work in the refugee camp
- Self-discipline and ability to work under pressure
- Dedication to the humanitarian cause
- Reliability and punctuality
· Flexibility to work outside normal hours, on holidays and weekend
· Arabic - Very Good command of oral and written
· 100% field work
How to apply:
Apply to Job