Stabilization Center Supervisor (open to Nigerian nationals only)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
General purpose of the position
The Stabilization Centre Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to ensure that the centre is functioning properly, providing care of quality including medical diagnosis and treatment of the patients presenting medical complications. The role holder is expected to provide technical support in relation to CMAM implementation while working closely with the LGA health workers, and SC colleagues for the effective implementation and linkage of CMAM program within the community and facility. The SC Supervisor will provide administrative functions, staff management - supervision and enhance staff capacity.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Examines patients/clients in line with standard medical procedures using various types of diagnostic mechanisms;
- Ensures patients feeding needs are taken care of in line with their daily dietary needs in collaboration with the project manager and the H&N manager and works to ensure meals distributed on time and in respectful quantity.
- Supervises the use of medicines, medical supplies, and nutrition-related commodities and data tools in the SC.
- Ensures timely collection, compilation, and analysis of quality data as well as the production of quantitative and qualitative reports regarding all INTERSOS activities.
- Evaluates regularly the impact of the activities and propose changes for improvement.
- Prepares weekly and monthly activities reports and any other ad hoc report that may be required.
- Supports the supply chain management and forecast for medicines, Medical supplies, Nutrition commodities (F-75, F-100, ReSoMal) and data tools. Plans logistics and materials needs for the SC.
- Monitors the stock of commodities, medicines, medical supplies: calculate needs, decide quantities to be delivered to the stabilization centre.
- Participates in stakeholder meetings on cross-cutting health issues.
- Builds staff capacity in work plan development and reporting to ensure accurate monitoring and documentation of activities.
- Contributes to strengthening the relationship with Borno State ministry of health and hospital management board, and other partners implementing CMAM in the state.
- Manages the project unit's implementation of the nutrition program in agreement with the overall CMAM Program activities especially Stabilization centre/ therapeutic feeding unit and the National manual in the management of SAM,
- Holds responsibility for stabilization centre staff team’s timesheet, Workplan vacation schedules and staff training/development activities.
- Ensures all criteria are respected and understood by the teams, including admission, discharge and transfer to and from the OTP/SC.
- Ensures comprehensive health checks and correct clinical diagnosis at the time of assessment according to the CMAM protocols so that the patient receives appropriate treatment in the relevant program.
- Ensures timely identification of complications, non-responders, and referrals to further investigation and management.
- Responds to inquiries regarding the technical aspects of the program admission and discharge whenever necessary at the SC sites.
- Upholds the image and values of INTERSOS Nigeria at all times,
- Performs other related tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s university degree in either medicine, public health and nutrition or any related field.
- 2 years of relevant professional work experience in public health or nutrition with Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Strong sense of responsibility, methodical and accurate with high organizational skills.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Knowledge of the local languages spoken in the operation area is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective and working relations with national staff members and other stakeholders.
- Experience living and working in cross-cultural, multi-sector, insecure, and/or remote environments.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in adverse conditions.
- Proficiency in common computer packages and financial software (MS Excel, MS Word).
- Good command of written and spoken English, Kanuri and/or Hausa Language
How to apply:
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: Apply no later than 14th February 2021 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.
Apply to Job