SHARP TO03 Program Support Internship
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks a Program Support Intern for the USAID funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order 03 activity in Nigeria. This activity aims to identify and support proven interventions through the improvement of service delivery and strengthening health systems with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) in Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kano, and Yobe States. The objectives of the activity include 1) Targeted and efficient HIV and TB case identification and linkage to care and treatment; 2) Enrollment of patients on HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and minimal loss to follow-up; 3) Successfully suppress HIV viral load; and 4) Increase GON capacity to expand, coordinate and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services.
The Program Support Intern will at all times adhere to and act in accordance with the Chemonics Professional Code of Ethics (“Living Our Values”) and will make the principles of the Code a part of the project’s culture and standard operating procedures.
The Program Support Intern will play a supportive role for all units on Nigeria SHARP TO 03 while polishing their skills in health program implementation and management. The program will support HIV testing services, HIV diagnosis and treatment, HIV care and support, laboratory services, and health systems strengthening, and program operations. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. Please note these positions will be based in Abuja, Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Kano, Jigawa, and Yobe states based upon the needs of the project. Placement will be discussed during the interview process.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Support all finance, operations, and grants responsibilities in the states and country office, collation and submission of expense reports, advance, processing vendor, and CBO payments.
- Support all the program and technical responsibilities such as collation of attendance sheets, registration of participants, and any other operational tasks from the technical point of contact.
- Support all SHARP TO03 Data Management, Analytics, and Reporting activities with supervision from the technical leads, following USAID requirements.
- Create strong collaboration and teamwork between all program units and foster a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation, and exceeding expectations.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in any field. Project management certifications will be added advantage.
- Minimum of One-year professional experience after NYSC, maximum of 3 years’ experience cumulatively.
- Ability to provide support to multi-functional teams; grants, finance, M&E, operations, technical, programs.
- Fair knowledge of health and development programs in Nigeria.
- Good proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint, is a requirement.
- Fair knowledge of data interpretation, evaluation, and management processes and tools, including web-based database systems is a requirement.
- Good organizational and communication skills. Learning the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field.
Working Hours & Remuneration
Please note interns may work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Each intern will be provided a monthly stipend to cover meals and transportation through the duration of the assignment. Interns will not be offered any additional benefits or allowances.
This position is open to applicants who are cooperating country nationals (CCNs) and eligible to work in the country of Nigeria. CCN is defined as a cooperating country citizen or a non-cooperating country citizen lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the cooperating country.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals with disabilities are also strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to apply:
To apply, kindly click on the link below:
Apply to Job