Senior Project Officer - Emergency
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The Emergency senior project officer will be responsible for support the implementation of ACTED that intend to provide humanitarian assistance and build the resilience of conflict-affected population in Syria in both food and non-food sectors.
Duties and Responsibilities
1- Project Implementation and Follow ups:
· Facilitate all stages of the project (RNA , identification of the beneficiaries , registration and verification) for affected populations and ensure these processes are done in line with cluster standards and attend different field meetings when required and provide detailed reports to the emergency Coordinator.
· Supporting the AME team with the required files and preparing the necessary reports.
· Assist emergency coordinator to implement project activities according to the project work plan and submit the necessary reports to him in a timely manner
· Develop key messages in nutrition to the targeted beneficiaries, and ensure it is delivered appropriately.
· Maintain files and archives of emergency food and non-food programs with all modalities in-kind voucher and cash, support documentation, including price monitoring, sales record information, and vendor support.
· Contribute to the development of procurement plans
2- External Relations:
· Attend the Shelter and NFI and FSL working groups and clusters to ensure complementary programming with other actors. Ensure that contact with beneficiaries is conducted in a sensitive and respectful manner at all times
· Support the emergency coordinator in preparing the monthly plan, project reports and distribution plans and reports.
· Maintain respectful and constructive relationships with partner organizations, local authorities and humanitarian agencies.
· Promptly report any concerns or incidents to the emergency coordinator and liaise with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
3- Administrative Support:
· Submit and follow up on requests for support from operations teams, including procurement (OFs) and logistics (transfer of materials).
· Contribute to quality checks and procurement committees to finalize suppliers’ selection according to the applicable scenario
· Supporting the emergency coordinator in all recruitment processes.
· Support translation of documents between English and Arabic
· Record and promptly disseminate minutes for partner, staff and other meetings
· Schedule and organize and/or assist in activities such as meetings, conferences, trainings and workshops for project staff
Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
3 years’ experience implementing emergency programs/ activities.
Previous experience in Food Security and/ or NFI interventions in in-kind, voucher and cash modalities.
Excellent organizational and program management skills and the ability to anticipate program needs.
Flexible and creative approach with a proven ability to resolve issues and identify solutions
Demonstrable high level of interpersonal skills and patience
Excellent computer knowledge and skills of using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power point and Excel.
Fluent in oral and written Arabic and English.
Turkish ID holder and legally able to work in Turkey is a must.
By applying for this position you certify that the all the details with your current application, are true to the best of your background and knowledge. You accept the legal mentions of www.acted.org and authorize the automated processing of your personal data by ACTED for recruitment, HR management and administrative compliance control purposes, in accordance with European regulations for the protection of personal data.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and position they are applying to in the subject line,Application for [Position] – [Full Name],
The emails without the relevant information in the subject line will not be considered.
Only candidates that are Turkish ID holders and legally able to work in Turkey will be considered.
Apply to Job