Roving Logistics Officer
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL is an international emergency and development NGO dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poorest and most vulnerable. GOAL was established in 1977 and is currently operational in 13 countries world-wide. GOAL has been working in northern Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) services. GOAL has been contributing to the urban refugee responses in Turkey since 2016 with a focus on enabling access to health service and the protection services for vulnerable and marginalized asylum seekers in Turkey.
Overview of the Link Program
GOAL seeks a Roving Logistics Officer to work for its ECHO funded LINK and PRM funded GREEN programs, respectively. The PRM funded Green program is implemented in Mersin, Hatay and Adana provinces. Whilst the ECHO funded LINK is implemented in Mersin, Adana, Gaziantep and Şanlıurfa.
ECHO funded LINK program aims at connecting refugees with nomadic / semi-nomadic backgrounds and those engaged in seasonal agricultural works residing in temporary tented settlements to available state and non-state services using protection outreach, advocacy, and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) approaches. LINK has been designed to address and mitigate protection concerns of the vulnerable/marginalized refugees through provision of critical information and raising their awareness on their rights, obligations and services available in Turkey, by sensitization/advocacy (targeting key stakeholders and service providers, etc.) activities and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) services to enable the most vulnerable refugees to access to basic, social and protective services available under the provisions of Temporary and International Protection regulations in Turkey.
On the other hand, Green program aims to improve socioeconomic inclusion, resilience and self-sufficiency of highly vulnerable/excluded women and girls from host and refugee communities (Syrians as well as those living in program locations under international protection regulation) including nomadic communities and seasonal agriculture workers from both communities through integrated, complementary and market driven livelihood opportunities and protection activities, including language and vocational skills training on greenhouse production, agriculture, and life skills; case management (CM)/coaching services, establishment of cooperative, protection outreach, information provision and awareness raising; and provision of special needs and individual protection assistance services.
This Roving Logistics Officer will be managed by the DHOS. The position holder will be supporting and working in close collaboration with Program teams, Office, systems managers. This position technically supported by the Logistics Department. Overall, she/he will be responsible to support Office Managers in smooth running of offices and daily operations including following up with logistic needs of the programs in the field offices (Sanliurfa, Gaziantep, Adana, Antakya and Mersin) he/she will be also supporting Syria program logistic needs for Gaziantep and Amman offices when needed. This position requires approximately %70 of the working time travelling and %30 of the working time staying at the base office (Gaziantep).
Duties, objectives and competencies
- Facilitate the functioning of the GOAL Offices in Turkey as directed by the line manager and in close collaboration with Office Managers and LINK program teams:
- Follow the payments of utility bills of the premises in the cities where GOAL works, make sure that they are paid on time. Ensure timely repairs and maintenance of the offices ensuring all utilities and equipment, etc. are working to an adequate standard in both Gaziantep offices.
- Identify logistic needs of onboarding staff for TR and SY programs
- Support the relocation of the premises and equipment as needed,
- Monitor stocks and use of consumables and the functioning of equipment/assets, and actions accordingly,
- Ensure materials and goods requested from program side adequately received, stored, tracked and maintained until they are delivered to beneficiaries. Create material list, complete regular list checks.
- Monitor and control local stores including programme stocks; maintain stock cards, record transactions and prepare Goods in Dockets (GID), Delivery Dockets (DD)etc. as per GOAL Logistics policies and dispatch goods only after receiving Internal Requisition Forms (IRFs).
- Asset management will be performed in coordination with related logs staff;
- Manage assets based in Link Offices, ensure staff sign for assets, complete regular asset checks and support to logistics team to maintain the asset register.
- Ensure filing system is as it is required.
- Performed labelling of any newly purchased or donated assets by supporting related logs staff.
- Follow all actions and paperwork related to change of status of assets through sale, disposal, write off, handover, send back to logistics loss and damage of assets.
- Ensure that an effective system is put in place for the transfer of material and goods between GOAL offices in Turkey.
- Ensure only authorized personnel access to the assets.
- Ensure SSC offices complete monthly spot asset check and keep signed documents in the relevant file in Spare Point.
- Raise the PRs for logistics and program needs (including consumable i.e. food and non-food items office supplies, etc. promptly,
- Ensure Logistics paperwork for the offices is properly completed and filed.
- Receive and send assets to the required locations following the necessary guidelines and time line in Gaziantep main office.
- Check regular maintenance of the utility systems, assets and equipment in the offices and Guest Houses
The above list of duties is not exhaustive list. The Roving Logistics Officer is expected to complete additional responsibility and tasks as requested by the line manager.
- Minimum three years’ experience in procurement/logistics
- Degree in engineering (electrical, mechanics, civil, etc.) or relevant degree for logistics duties.
- Excellent communication skills and analytical thinking
- Good English language skills, fluent in Turkish
- Solution focused, team player, able to work in a flexible, supportive manner to colleagues
- Competent computer skills, in particular MS Word and Excel and able to learn and implement other necessary drawing programs to facilitate the logistic works
- Able to travel 70% of the working time in city and to other cities and countries
- Experience in the South East region in terms of sales and purchasing
- Experience of working in the INGO sector
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
How to apply:
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is 05 March 2021.
Apply to Job