Regional ICT Adviser ( National Position)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
The NRC Central and West Africa region is composed of country offices in Burkina Faso/Niger, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Mali, and Nigeria. All countries are experiencing a deterioration of the security situation, increasing humanitarian needs and displacements due to conflict. The Central and West Africa Regional Office (CWARO) oversees the country programmes in the region, and provides strategic guidance and oversight across core programme, advocacy and support functions.
The purpose of the Regional ICT Manager position is to support the country offices in implementation of ICT strategy, standardizing and improving infrastructure, digital initiatives, tools and systems in accordance with NRC global ICT policies, guidance and procedures within the Central and West Africa Region.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Develop/review the regional ICT strategy as per the NRC’s global ICT strategy (direction, guidance and standards), and ensure the dissemination and implementation in the region
- Contribute to the development of policies, strategies, tools and new approaches, with a focus on innovation and piloting
- Provide strategic advice and technical support to the Country Offices in the region on ICT
- Support and monitor compliance with the ICT strategy and NRC policies, and respective quality assurances – including information security and minimum standards
- Provide control checks to the COs to ensure compliance to the ICT strategy and policies, through travel visits to the country offices.
- Responsible for analysis of current and future “business demand” and translate this into clear ICT requirements and plans at regional level
- Responsible for implementation of regional specific ICT technical SOPs, guidelines ad tools in line with global ICT standards, policies and guidelines
- Accountable for the implementation of the global ICT initiatives/tools/system within the region
- Ensure adequate security standards (e.g. CIS) are applied to all applications and/or locally developed solutions in the region
- Ensure proper backup mechanisms and disaster recovery procedures for the ICT platforms at regional level
- Support Country offices in establishing and technical management of ICT infrastructure in line with CO needs and ambition level (e.g. bandwidth as a resource, WLAN, etc)
- Provide regular ICT report for the region, including recommendations for improvements
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working in similar role, in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical ICT expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English and French, both written and verbal
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of the central and west Africa region is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with in ICT tools as: O365 and Microsoft Azure environment, Microsoft Windows server, Windows10, Antivirus Software: F-Secure, Service Desk Solutions, Backups and DRP, MySQL and SQL databases, Salesforce, PaaS, SaaS, Networking: Cisco Meraki Network devices and platform, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN.
- Strategic thinking and understanding of CO structures and ambition
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Managing resources to optimise results
- Relational capacity with other departments to understand and frame the “wider” role of ICT
What we Offer
12 months of full-time contract
Grade: 8 in NRC's grade structure
Senegalese national terms and conditions apply.
Duty station: Dakar, Senegal with 30% travel to the field
Start Date: March 2021
How to apply:
To learn more about this role please click on the link below
Apply to Job