Regional Grants and Partnership Coordinator
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the job
The Middle East Regional Office (MERO) is currently looking for a motivated candidate to manage multi country grants and grants related to platforms hosted by the region and support/lead on programme development aspect, including proposal development, donor engagement and fund raising.
Duties and Responsibilities
Fundraising Strategy and donor engagement plan
· Review and update regional fundraising strategy and donor engagement plan as necessary in accordance with donor landscape in the region
· Follow up on donor engagement plan as necessary
· Support country level fundraising strategy and donor engagement plans in the region
· Constant monitoring of donor landscape in the region and advice country and regional Senior Management Teams
Programme and Proposal Development
· Support programme development processes contributing to DRC three programme platforms – emergency, durable solutions and root causes- as appropriate (regional and country offices)
· Manage the process of development of concept papers, project proposals and responses to calls for regional and multi country proposals and regional platforms adhering to DRC policies, guidance and procedures
· Lead on regional concept and proposal ideas
· Support country offices in the process of development of concept papers and proposals
· Support high-quality programme implementation throughout project lifecycle, by supporting monitoring of indicators, outputs and outcomes, value for money, and project evaluation and lessons learned
· Travel to country offices to support as necessary
Grants Management and Quality Assurance
· Maintain an overview of regionally hosted grants in relation to donor requirements, rules and regulations, and internal and external reporting deadlines, proposal and budget revisions, no cost extensions and partnerships
· Update DRC Grants Management System (DRC Dynamics) for regional grants
· Develop grant management tools and build capacity of country grant managers on DRC grants management guidelines and donor guidelines as necessary
· Submit high quality donor reports, narrative and financial, on a timely basis according to DRC and donor regulations. Ensure all required documents are included, complete, correct and approved by the relevant regional management team for regionally hosted grants
· Contribute to HQ global policies on compliance and grants management
· Build capacity of country teams as necessary
· Support SMT to prepare for donor meetings in the region
· Represent DRC at donor meetings in the region, HQ or other locations as necessary
· Act as regional focal point for partnership related questions, resources and support requests
· Coordinate and organize regional meetings/webinars to clarify pressing issues, lessons learned across regionIn collaboration with HQ, review existing partnership tools and identify gaps and needs to address
· Roll out of new existing partnership tools
· Lead on clarifying DRC roles and responsibilities in relation to partnership grants management, make necessary resources available
Experience and technical competencies:
· Minimum 3-5 years of experience in programme development and grants management in international humanitarian context
· Direct working experience in ensuring grant compliance with donors’ regulations through training, monitoring and supporting.
· Familiarity with EC/ECHO, US, UN and UK donors is an asset,
· Experience in representation at working/cluster group level and/or regional workshops,
· Working experience in regional structures/positions
· Ability to travel on a frequent basis between countries
· Strong capacity to analyze and synthetize humanitarian contexts and programme response concepts,
· Ability to design, develop and implement processes,
· Capacity to lead, manage and coordinate a team in a remote manner,
· Ability to organize and run training workshops,
· Excellent organizational skills,
· Proven interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
· Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
· Flexibility in working overtime when needed.
· Previous experience in NGOs
· Previous experience in working with Middle East region will be an asset.
· Advanced university degree or equivalent in English Literature, Communication, International Relations, humanitarian/ development, Management/ Business Administration
· English - fluent
· Arabic fluency would be an asset
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
· Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
· Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
· Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
· Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
· Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Contract length: Till December 31, 2021
Band: G1 – Non-Management
Location: Amman, Jordan
Start date: March 10, 2021
How to apply:
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: February 22, 2021
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.org
Apply to Job