NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Starting date: 31/03/2021
Duty station: Jounieh with daily field missions to Beirut
Period: 8 months
Donor: AICS - Agenzia Italiana per la Cooperazione allo Sviluppo
1st : Head of Programs
2nd : Country Representative
Effectively managing the project “REViVE – Ripresa dall’Emergenza e Valorizzazione del tessuto sociale della popolazione Vulnerabile colpita dall’Esplosione del porto di Beirut AID 012186/01/0”, financed by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation - AICS. The Project Manager will be responsible for every phase of the project’s management in compliance with AICS and AVSI procedures. He\she will also relate to AVSI staff at all level according to AVSI approach to leadership that keeps at the center the person, be it the beneficiary, the donor, AVSI staff and\or partners, guaranteeing mutual trust and high professionality. He\she will proactively collaborate with all functions at the local and HQ level.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Develop and lead partnerships with local actors and with all stakeholders involved in the project (targeted SDCs, faith-based organizations, international NGO partner and Beirut Municipality).
• Planning of activities together with the project coordinator and local partners.
• Organize regular field visits and meetings with project team.
• Provide guidance, support, and build the capacity of local partners, ensuring the timely activity implementation and adequate level of expenditures.
• Financial control of project budget: regular check on the progress of expenditures; participation to monthly meeting with the Operations for the monthly budget forecast update.
• Design need assessments if necessary, contribute to the M&E strategy of the intervention.
• Maintaining active communication with the donor: preparation of periodic reports (monthly updates, intermediate and final reports) and any other official communication according to the need.
• Coordination with other organizations operating in the target area, participating in coordination mechanisms if requested.
• Together with AVSI Protection Department and Head of Programs, contribute to the development of the organization protection strategy within the current Beirut Blast Response.
• Participating in strategic planning and project proposal writing. Contributing to develop project proposals with the current donors or others
• Education: Master’s degree in social science, economics, international relations, or related fields
• Work experience: 5 years of professional experience in a similar position
• Language Proficiency: full proficiency Italian, French and English (written and spoken).
• Knowledge of Arabic is an added value.
Additional requirements (optional):
• Previous Management of AICS funded project.
• Knowledge of protection response and SOPs in humanitarian settings (CP, SGBV, PSS, case management, referral mechanisms)
Required skills and experiences:
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills, in particular negotiation skills to maintain great relationship with the donor and the local stakeholders.
• Excellent computer skills
How to apply:
Apply to Job