NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
In late 2019 parts of Somalia experienced some of the worst flooding in the country’s recent historyresulting in several deaths and significant damage to infrastructure, crops, property, and livestock. Further to this flood event, a joint assessment was undertaken by the World Bank and the Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) to assess the losses and damage caused by the floods and to develop a strategy for immediate recovery and longer-term resilience building. As a result Somalia Crisis Recovery Project (SCRP) was formulated and financed by the World Bank to the Federal Ministry of Finance (MoF). The project is aimed at supporting the recovery of livelihoods and infrastructure in flood and drought affected areas and strengthening the capacity for disaster preparedness nationwide. The recovery interventions will focus on three flood affected Sates (Hirshabelle, South West State and Jubaland), while the longer term interventions will focus on a broader national coverage, enabling Government capacity strengthening in Disaster Risk Management. .
The PIU established within the MoF is managing the project implementation with the State Project Teams (SPTs) providing local implementation, monitoring and coordination support in the three flood affected Federal Member States. Our client assisting with technical support in the project activities design, implementation, monitoring and reporting. As part of its technical support team, our client is seeking a Project Coordinator to support activities at the State level including assistance to the State Project as specified under roles and responsibilities of this TOR.
Consultant Roles & Responsibilities
The Project Coordinator embedded to the SPT will be responsible for supporting the SPT in the project activities coordination as well as facilitating our client's technical assistance to the SPT. The roles and responsibilities include, but not limited to;
● Engage with the SPT in the development of plans for the key stakeholder consultation process, in particular consultation with the State line Ministries, project stakeholders and the community groups
● Participate in stakeholder consultation meetings, prepare meeting meetings and assist the PIU in successfully delivering the intended outcomes of the meetings
● Act as the local project representative of our client and facilitate all local coordination to extend our client support to the project activities preparation and implementation support in the State.
● Provide local logistic support to our client's project team missions to the Sates including organizing local transport, facilitating security arrangements, mission travel support etc.
● Assist our client's project team by engaging in field data and information collection, project activities progress reporting and responding to project related inquiries raised by our client's technical teams
● Assist SPT Coordinator in project activities implementation monitoring, data collection and in the preparation of project reports.
● Participate in project activities monitoring missions with SPT and assist SPTs in the mission findings follow-up tasks
● Participate and extend support to SPT in SPT organized project activities and meetings
● Other tasks and duties requested by our client's Team Leader to support delivering services within the overall objective of this position
The successful candidate will report to the Project Manager
Key competenciesFluent in written and spoken Somali and English, and report writing skills are requiredTeam management
This role does not have any team management responsibility
Bachelors degree in an area relevant to the position roles and responsibilities is required.
Minimum of 6 years of experience in project or program coordination, projects implementation support, engineering or related areas is required
Previous experience is working with the Federal Government of Somalia or Federal Member States is desirable
Familiarity with the context of the respective State and living experience within the State are desirable
How to apply:
Apply to Job