Program Officer - Engage Project
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Program Officer - Engage Project
The Project Officer is accountable for quality, adaptive and agile program designing and program management to ensure responsiveness to evolving issues affecting children with and without disabilities in the impact area(s). While his/her technical inputs will focus on disability inclusion, the position holder will ensure the collaboration between and among thematic areas towards an integrated program approach. The position holder shall be responsible for overall coordination and strategic partnerships with relevant government agencies, local government units, youth groups, parent associations and organization for persons with disabilities. The post holder provides overall leadership in developing strategies to strengthen constituency building and volunteer management through appreciative community mobilization and promote constituency building as platform for rights holder to engage policy decision makers. S/he is responsible in timely and quality program implementation and effective budget management according to the prescribed Scheme of Delegation (SOD).
The position will be embedded in the Thematic Programs unit, report to the Technical Adviser on Basic Education, while working closely with CRG Technical Adviser as well as program teams such as Urban Programs, Sponsorship, BARMM, among others.
- Formal qualifications and experience related to disability inclusion programming
- Strong understanding of disability inclusion, especially in the context of the Philippines
- Strong understanding of children and youth participation, and social accountability
- Strong writing, analytical and communication skills, including writing of modules, tools, reports and case stories
- Knowledge and understanding of policies relating to the children and persons with disability, children's participation, and social accountability
- Strong liaison and coordination skills
- Capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of implementing participatory approaches in development / humanitarian work
- Experience in budget management;
- Capacity to analyze and navigate dynamics of stakeholders in the area
- Demonstrable experience on oversight of Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning mechanisms
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong presentation and representation skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC, in particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this underpins all our work
- Direct experience working with the disability sector
- Background in child rights programming.
Contract length: Fixed Term position until September 30, 2021 based in National Capital Region
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: Apply Here
Apply to Job