Program Manager II
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Catholic Relief Services, an International Non-Governmental Organization, is seeking qualified, experienced and highly motivated Program Manager II (PM) who will manage and provide technical oversight of the development and implementation of a complex stabilization project focused on infrastructure, economic revitalization, social cohesion, and governance interventions in the Far North region of Cameroon. The Program Manager will ensure effective systems and processes are in place that support high-quality programming advancing CRS’ work in serving the poor and vulnerable. The PM’s management skills and knowledge will ensure that the country program (CP) delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of the project for those whom we serve.
The position is based in MAROUA/Cameroon and is contingent to funding.
· Provide management, guidance, and technical oversight of the stabilization project’s resilience and recovery activities in the Far North Cameroon with interventions in community infrastructure; agriculture & rural livelihoods; social cohesion; and local governance that are intended to contribute to stabilization and reconciliation in the most affected regions of the Lake Chad Basin. Throughout the project cycle, ensure project design, start-up, implementation, and close-out are in line with CRS quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices.
· Effectively supervise and manage talent for the project in Cameroon, including a team of up 15-20 staff. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports.
· Lead the development of program learning - identify opportunities for learning, research and publications in the relevant program sectors and implementation of MEAL policy. Facilitate the dissemination of promising practices and lessons learned to contribute to the agency and project knowledge management agenda. Ensure integration of innovations and best practices.
· Contribute to the proactive pursuit of opportunities for new funding to ensure growth of the CP portfolio in line with agency, regional, and CP strategic priorities. Serve as the technical lead and technical writer to ensure quality proposals in per agency and donor standards. Contribute to budgeting and staffing plans and activities for proposals.
· Oversee technical assistance and capacity strengthening activities for staff and partner organizations to enhance program quality and impact.
· Oversee the identification, assessment, and strengthening of partnerships relevant to the project and the appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools, and approaches.
· Collaborate with other CRS staff in Maroua and the senior management team to lead local representation for CRS to the local diocese and state/local government in the Far North, ensuring Church and government authorities are regularly updated on CRS work in the area and that CRS activities align with local Church and host government strategies/initiatives, where possible.
· Ensure CRS’ active participation and/or leadership in local sectoral or multi-sectoral coordination and security forums and the regular sharing of information and data internally within CRS and with other agencies to inform collective analysis and planning.
· Ensure timely and appropriate project expenditures in line with financial plans and efficient use and stewardship of project material sources.
· Monitor staff adherence to security protocols, including ensuring that project staff are aware of, and comply with, CRS personnel safety and security policies and procedures and the dissemination of safety and security SoPs/plans.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Master's Degree in International Development, Economics, International Relations, Civil or Structural Engineering, or related studies required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in relevant field-based project management experience required, with preferably at least 2-3 years working in emergency, recovery, and/or resilience programming, preferably in emergency settings. Experience with community infrastructure construction/rehabilitation programming is a plus.
· Experience in managing moderately complex projects with an international NGO in volatile security environments.
· Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
· MEAL skills and experience required.
· Familiarity with Sphere standards.
· Knowledge of CRS and/or demonstrated ability to manage partnerships with faith-based and secular partners.
· Ability and proven experience transferring knowledge through formal and informal training.
· Experience managing staff, budgets, and planning processes
· Good experience in project grants management, including project design, preferably for grants from multiple public donors.
· Experience managing complex local procurement processes.
· Demonstrated ability to write high quality technical proposals.
· Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to make sound judgment and decisions and offer innovative solutions
· Strong relations management abilities and inter-personal skills. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
· Excellent presentation, facilitation, and communication skills
· Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented, and results-oriented
· Excellent writing, editing, and publication skills
· Demonstrated ability to provide leadership in strategic planning initiatives.
How to apply:
Application files including: Cover letter and CV, 3 References, and copies of relevant supporting documents to the application should be forwarded to:
The Resident Representative
PO Box 1851, Yaoundé – Cameroon or by email to: email@example.com specifying “**Stabilization** Program Manager II “in the e-mail subject line
Closing date: February 24th, 2021 at 5 pm
**Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered
By applying to this. job, I understand and acknowledge that this organization requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the agency Safeguarding Policy.
Apply to Job