Program Assistant (national staff)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The European Commission’s Directorate General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO) funds relief operations for victims of natural disasters and conflicts outside the European Union. For humanitarian aid, the Commission works with about 200 operational partners, including United Nations agencies, the Red Cross/Crescent movement and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Humanitarian Aid is channelled impartially, straight to victims, regardless of their race, ethnic group, religion, gender, age, nationality or political affiliation.
ECHO is recruiting TWO National Staff to be based in Khartoum as Programme Assistant.
- Duties & Responsibilities
The Programme Assistants will assist ECHO’s Technical Assistants and Programme Officer, in-charge of Sudan, to provide high quality technical support, analysis and advice to ECHO funded projects in Sudan. The PA will be required to travel throughout Sudan on a regular basis and for extended periods as needed. The Programme Assistants will be responsible for the following main tasks:
· Situation assessments;
· Analysis and appraisal of ECHO partners' proposals;
· Regular monitoring of project implementation
· Evaluation and coordination of projects;
· Reporting and programme administration;
· Liaising with partners in a consultative and advisory capacity.
· Have a relevant first level university degree or equivalent professional experience;
· Minimum 5 years of relevant experience at national or international level in supporting programme/project operations, including at least 2 years of experience with an NGO, donor or national/international organisation. If the candidate does not have a relevant university degree, ten years’ work experience in the humanitarian sector will be required;
· Have thorough knowledge and experience of the Logical Framework Approach and Project Cycle Management;
· Fluent written and spoken English is required;
· Personal initiative; ability to work both independently and in a team, with ability to set priorities, and to work to tight deadlines;
· Commitment, determination, reliability, a high degree of personal integrity and discretion;
· Diplomatic skill with capacity to deal effectively with various institutions;
· Ability to analyze & process complex information; ability to clearly & concisely convey information to others with excellent drafting skills in English. Proficient IT skills – Excel, Word and Internet required.
A detailed Terms of references (including competencies) are available at https://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/sudan_en
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply:
Applications including a cover letter, a detailed CV, a copy of education certificate/degree and a copy of relevant employment certificates should be sent to http://uhired.me/job/399 until 06/03/2021. The vacancy reference “REF: PA - SDN” must be clearly indicated in the subject line. This position is open to nationals and other residents of Sudan with a valid work and residence permits. DG ECHO applies a policy of equal opportunities. Our recruitment policy is based on respect for diversity, maintaining the gender balance, as well as the balance between professional and private life, and support for training and developments opportunities.
For information, the employment conditions that could be proposed includes an initial contract of one year with the possibility of renewal subject to a 3 months’ probationary period and after positive annual evaluation. As an indication, the monthly basic salary is approximately EUR 1,677 (subject to local tax law) which corresponds to 5 years relevant work experience (minimum step 4). The salary will be adapted according to the exact duration of relevant professional experience supported by a work certificate. In addition to this, the employee will also receive disability/retirement allowance, 13th month salary as well as a medical coverage. ECHO employees observe the National Staff code of Conduct which is available on the link:
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates who will not have been contacted by 30/04/2021 should consider that they have not been selected. Any form of canvassing, soliciting or influencing will be treated as grounds for disqualification.
“Any processing of your personal data will be done in accordance with the applicable EU legislation (Regulation (EU)2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data.” The privacy statement can be found on ECHO website. https://ec.europa.eu/echo/sites/echo-site/files/privacy_statement_recruitment_ns_final_version.pdf**
Apply to Job